Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

I haven't unpacked my Slatkin luminaries in several years.  I do have the large snowman one that I use most years.  I'm downsizing too but this will be very tempting. 

@lucymo  I have two of his gingerbread luminaries, the one from here, red and green, and then I trucked all the way to the store to get the classic multi color gumdrop luminaty, and they will be displayed this Christmas, I skipped last year.  This year will be just vintage, gingerbread display and Charming Tails, have a ton of Christmas mice which I havn't seen in years, lol,  displays in the kitchen, and vintage in the living room/dining room.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

I haven't unpacked my Slatkin luminaries in several years.  I do have the large snowman one that I use most years.  I'm downsizing too but this will be very tempting. 

@lucymo  I have two of his gingerbread luminaries, the one from here, red and green, and then I trucked all the way to the store to get the classic multi color gumdrop luminaty, and they will be displayed this Christmas, I skipped last year.  This year will be just vintage, gingerbread display and Charming Tails, have a ton of Christmas mice which I havn't seen in years, lol,  displays in the kitchen, and vintage in the living room/dining room.

@mousiegirl  Can't wait to see your pictures with the Charming Tails.  I haven't seen those in years so it will be a treat to see them.  You have a plan and I need to make some plans before the 14th and especially by the 25th or I'll be in trouble again.  lol   DH just came running in the house and said he saw Fed Ex coming down the street and was I looking for a package.  Boy, he knows me all too well.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  Can't wait to see your pictures with the Charming Tails.  I haven't seen those in years so it will be a treat to see them.  You have a plan and I need to make some plans before the 14th and especially by the 25th or I'll be in trouble again.  lol   DH just came running in the house and said he saw Fed Ex coming down the street and was I looking for a package.  Boy, he knows me all too well.  lol

@lucymo  LOL re DH.  Mine just hangs his head and moans, "more packages," lol, he thinks of the boxes he will have to cut down for recycling, and there have been tons over the past few years, lol, his Sunday afternoon chore, but hardly any this year, so far.

Esteemed Contributor

It seems that several of us want to be wise and pass on any more ginberbread and/or large luminaries but may not be able to resist this newest one.  Just look at the details.  

Is anyone else thinking that the candle books could be the TSV?  Q usually chooses something that will appeal to a larger audience.  The book should be a lower priced item, too, which is another selling point.  

Respected Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

It seems that several of us want to be wise and pass on any more ginberbread and/or large luminaries but may not be able to resist this newest one.  Just look at the details.  

Is anyone else thinking that the candle books could be the TSV?  Q usually chooses something that will appeal to a larger audience.  The book should be a lower priced item, too, which is another selling point.  

@SHOPR, I think you have hit the nail on the head.  The book is extremely gifty & it just might be my annual solution for gifts for my staff.  Fingers crossed...!  

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  LOL re DH.  Mine just hangs his head and moans, "more packages," lol, he thinks of the boxes he will have to cut down for recycling, and there have been tons over the past few years, lol, his Sunday afternoon chore, but hardly any this year, so far.

@mousiegirl  I kind of think we've all slacked off with the buying so far this year.  But, we aren't out of the woods yet, Harry is coming on and Valerie, and David Venable and on and on. Lets see how good we are when they all come to town.  It's a good thing our DH are ok with our crazy buying and hoarding.  lol

Honored Contributor

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl  I kind of think we've all slacked off with the buying so far this year.  But, we aren't out of the woods yet, Harry is coming on and Valerie, and David Venable and on and on. Lets see how good we are when they all come to town.  It's a good thing our DH are ok with our crazy buying and hoarding.  lol

@lucymo  Mine isn't, lol, but what can he do, nada.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@mousiegirl wrote:

@lucymo wrote:

@lucymo  Mine isn't, lol, but what can he do, nada.

@mousiegirl  I'm sure your DH knows that by now.  Smiley Happy  We can't help it or don't want to, one or the other.

Respected Contributor

@lucymo and @mousiegirl, my DH hasn't left me yet; a testimonial to 24 years of marriage &CIJ!

Honored Contributor

@BornToShop wrote:

@lucymo and @mousiegirl, my DH hasn't left me yet; a testimonial to 24 years of marriage &CIJ!

@BornToShop  Aw, DH loves you.  Also, most of our DH actually enjoy the pretty things we decorate with, especially when guests make favorable comments.  You'd think my husband did all of the selecting and ordering.  I love it.  Smiley Happy