Contributor

I think Harry is having a todays special in July.  I'm hoping for his ceramic candle holders that he used to sell.  I love them, I have everyone he ever sold on QVC.  And if I'm not mistaken, the candles that he will be selling are 18 oz. compared to 14 oz. from Bath and Body works, so they are a little bit bigger.  All I know is I'm in trouble.   Lol 

Honored Contributor

I'm excited to see Harry Slatkin back!!!  His fragrances were long lasting and there was no problem with drowning wicks, and the candles didnt seem to burn down as fast either............His items will be a definite purchase for me!.

This deal is for 2 candles so a little over $25 each which is near to what BBW sells their candles for when not on sale..$24.50......I know BBW will have their 2 for $22 and other coupons, but haven't been happy with some of their candles lately...............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

I'm excited to see Harry Slatkin back!!!  His fragrances were long lasting and there was no problem with drowning wicks, and the candles didnt seem to burn down as fast either............His items will be a definite purchase for me!.

This deal is for 2 candles so a little over $25 each which is near to what BBW sells their candles for when not on sale..$24.50......I know BBW will have their 2 for $22 and other coupons, but haven't been happy with some of their candles lately...............

@Spurt Last year, the BBW were $8 on their semi-annual sale day in early December, plus you could use a $10 off $40 coupon.  I thought that was an excellent deal, and I got stocked up.  I'm curious as to the burn time of these HS candles.  The BBW ones that are 14 ounces have a 24 hour burn time in my experience.  I only buy their candles starting in the Fall and throughout the holidays.  I rarely shop there from January through August, because I don't care for their floral and food scents.

Trusted Contributor

I am SO excited about this!

I feel like QVC has had a very hard time filling Harry's shoes since he left a few years back.  They have tried other candle companies (A Cheerful Giver comes to mind), but I feel like nothing took off the way Harry's line did.

I can only hope he sticks around this time... and that he brings more than just candles.  I'd love to see him bring back figurals or other tasteful candle decor items.

Honored Contributor

Re: Harry's back for CIJ!

[ Edited ]

LOVE his products; bought a ton of his ceramics when they were at BBW as well as QVC. I won't buy candles I can't smell first; too many disappointments. My hope is he brings back his ceramics to QVC as the quality was fantastic and he usually used the same scents in his filled ceramics- once I purchased one, I knew if the scent would work if I purchased just the candle.

To those who purchase, enjoy and report back about the scents please!!

Honored Contributor

So Harry sold his line to B&BW a few years ago. So now he is coming back to the Q with a new candle/fragrance line? Wouldn't all his fans buy them from him (the Q) instead of B&BW? Wouldn't the formula change because B&BW owns the original proprietary formula they bought?

This is like if Bruce M. selling his leather bag line to the Chinese company. Say he again makes a new similar leather brand of purses.

It would be weird IMO, and then old company who bought BM's company won't be making much $. It seems like they would have this in their contract. (no selling of a similar item)

Super Contributor

These are soy  with bleneded oils. Wil they throw well??

Frequent Contributor

Autumn pumpkin and Harvest will be n my list!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Harry's back for CIJ!

[ Edited ]

ILUVChristmas - I believe that's what his older formulas were made with.  The throw on them was exceptional.  Hoping these are the same!

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1, Harry Slatkin was making candles and home fragrance long before he had that line at Bath & Body Works. In fact, that line was like a generic version of the long lasting candles with highly perfumed scents he sold at Neiman-Marcus, Horchow, and other luxury retailers.  I'm not saying Harry's BBW line was bad, because that's not the case.  In fact, I really liked those scents and the figurals and ceramic houses.  I haven't bought any home fragrance from BBW since Harry's nose departed their production.  Yes, it is Harry's nose a fragrance needs, so it doesn't matter if the formula isn't exactly the same as BBW, his nose will make it great.  Hopefully, the manufacturing company he is using is the same one used for his previous luxury line and may have even used for the BBW line.

Usually in contract related to consumer products, there is nothing prohibiting the person who sells their name to return to the market selling the same thing.  It happens all the time.  Usually, they can't use their own name in new ventures in the business (like Adrien Arpel of HSN's Signature Club A), but there have been instances where the person bought their name back from the company they sold it to. Diane Von Furstenberg always come to mind when I think of someone who licensed and sold her name away, then spent years buying it back so that she could design again and use "her" name.