Respected Contributor

Re: Harry Slatkin TSV votive set of 5 candles

@Loveac wrote:

I got the email also.  The packaging is beautiful.  I am getting all three choices.  Harry is also going to have a choice of tart warmers and holiday shaped tarts, plus gel melts. I saw it on instagram.  I am in big trouble cause I want a tart warmer, plus that round gingerbread house!

@Loveac, I will be joining you in the "trouble" dept.  I am a tart fan & actually became one thanks to his line years ago at BBW.  I have ceased burning candles & melt tarts now.  I am very curious about the gel melts.  

Respected Contributor

Omg, I just learned Harry left PARTYLITE shortly after he took over that company.  This is why he is back with QVC is to launch his exclusive new line on his own!  How awesome it is that QVC got the honors!  

Esteemed Contributor

I can't get the octagonal/round gingerbread house off my mind.

Trusted Contributor

Are these candles really better than the BBW ones?  I've never had a problem with the throw of BBW candles and they always burn evenly for me.  I'd be curious to hear from contributors who have a great deal of experience with both Harry's candles and the BBW ones.  Do Harry's burn longer and have more refined scents?  Is the throw better? What's the scoop from folks who have a lot of experience with both brands?

Respected Contributor

@TenderMercies wrote:

Are these candles really better than the BBW ones?  I've never had a problem with the throw of BBW candles and they always burn evenly for me.  I'd be curious to hear from contributors who have a great deal of experience with both Harry's candles and the BBW ones.  Do Harry's burn longer and have more refined scents?  Is the throw better? What's the scoop from folks who have a lot of experience with both brands?

@TenderMercies This is my experience as I am a huge candle lover as well as flameless. 

I love the candles Harry did at BBW. I have a huge stash I bought when I found out he did not renew his contract with them. I still burn them. When he left BBW I purchased their 3 wick candles (had a coupon) and not only did I think the scents were not as strong and nice smelling as Harry's but that they did not burn evenly down to the bottom of the jar. I had black soot starting to get around the rim of the glass. 

This is new line of candles I know nothing about how they are made and if he is using the same manufacturer. But he is a perfectionist and I trust he is bringing us high quality candles. He values his reputation. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SHOPR, I am obsessed as you are....

Trusted Contributor

I got the TSV email a few days ago as well.

Although I won't be purchasing it, I think it's a great value for the quality and quantity of candles you will receive.  I think the 1 oz is a bit small for me personally, but it's great that you will be able to try out a bunch of different fragrances before buying the larger ones.  I'm sure those who purchase it will love it!

I had no idea he was coming out with wax melts.  That excites me!  Smiley Very Happy  Depending on what other items he brings in for the day, I have a feeling I'll be getting those.

Either way, I think we're ALL going to be very happy with Harry's return tomorrow!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I LOVED this pieces when he sold them at BBW; especially the ceramic items. They decorate my home every Fall, Halloween and Christmas and the quality was top.

Candles are weird... some things that smell great in the jar stink once lit; at least for me. I'm ordering 2 of the sets because I want to have the chance to burn the candles in order to know if the scent will work for me. I may miss out this year, but at least I'll know for next year.

The whole thing about mailing in September is odd to me; it's still wicked hot in most of the US at that time. You CAN send candles in the mail right now; I know because I just received some from two different vendors with no issues. The key is that they need to be shipped 2-day. QVC doesn't offer that option for perishable items, not even food. I won't order stuff from them (not even makeup) because it can take a week plus for something to arrive and in warm weather, that's a death for the product. I don't see September being any better than August but as long as QVC sends me new candles, I'll take a chance.

Honored Contributor

I'm out on this one. 

No way I'm paying about $30 for five one ounce votives. That is just crazy.

I get they are in glass holders, and as a tin freak, I like the tins, but I just don't think they are worth that kind of money.

I've bought huge jar candles in my favorite brands and fragrances for less than half what they want for just five ounces of fragrance here. 

The only way I'd pay this price for these, would be for a gift, and only then, if that person was a Slatkin lover and would appreciate the brand. 

I do like that it is something new, and not the same old same old TSV or company (Bethlehem lights, bags, and Luminara) that we get repeatedly. I'll enjoy watching the presentations.

Respected Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I'm out on this one. 

No way I'm paying about $30 for five one ounce votives. That is just crazy.

I get they are in glass holders, and as a tin freak, I like the tins, but I just don't think they are worth that kind of money.

I've bought huge jar candles in my favorite brands and fragrances for less than half what they want for just five ounces of fragrance here. 

The only way I'd pay this price for these, would be for a gift, and only then, if that person was a Slatkin lover and would appreciate the brand. 

I do like that it is something new, and not the same old same old TSV or company (Bethlehem lights, bags, and Luminara) that we get repeatedly. I'll enjoy watching the presentations.

@Mominohio I decided not to purchase this TSV as well. I can't justify the price for just 5 oz of candle scents. It's a try me and should be $15

I rather get the large 3 wick candle set.