Valued Contributor

I could swear that Harry London had been consistently selling 5 pound tins of their chocolates for around $39 for the last several years, but now they’re selling 3 pounds for $49? Is my memory failing me, or have these prices gone through the roof?

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb   I purchased a 5 lb assortment of individually wrapped Wagonner chocolates from Evine last Christmas for $39.  They are wonderful and I would definitely purchase them again.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

HSN did the same with Giannio's. Their 5 lb $49.95 assorted chocolate tin is now a 3 lb tin for $44.95.

Respected Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

I could swear that Harry London had been consistently selling 5 pound tins of their chocolates for around $39 for the last several years, but now they’re selling 3 pounds for $49? Is my memory failing me, or have these prices gone through the roof?

No your memory is not failing you @MaryLamb I just commented on another post about Harry London's and was glad to see they were still offering them but 3lbs for $49 when I was used to buying the 5-6 lbs tins for a few dollars more.

Honored Contributor

I didn't buy Harry London last Christmas but you are right it was $39.99 for 5lbs and it came in a the tin.  I love those tins.  Maybe when the seasons really arrives, there will be a Harry London TSV.   They are great chocolates but I am not paying $50 for 3 lbs.  Last year, I bought my chocolates from Evine.  I don't remember the brand but they were every bit as good as Harry London.

Respected Contributor

I went back and checked my orders. In 10-2016 I ordered 7 lbs. of wrapped chocolates with gift boxes for 59.94. I can't see how many boxes I received by I'm sre it was around 10. Great value for gift giving. They were good chocolates. I don't need any more tins. Would rather have gift bags or boxes. 

Trusted Contributor

Our delicious See's candy in Ca. is now at least $21/lb.  as a comparison factor.

Respected Contributor

I also think these Harry London sweets are overpriced. Luckily, I live near a Lindt chocolate outlet and am fortunate to be able to select just a few truffles. I dont want 3-5 pounds of chocolate hanging around the house due to the concerns of diabetes.

Trusted Contributor

My first experience with See's candy was comparable to my first true love!!  

THE BEST....period!!!  

Respected Contributor

@lOVETOSHOP  I'm in the Atlanta area. At Christmas all of the malls have Sees kiosks. I went a little crazy last year. But boy are these candies good. I froze some and just finished off the rest of my Christmas stash. QVC. might want to look into carrying Sees.