Valued Contributor

I just cancelled all my advance orders for M64506 -- 3 lb box of Harry London chocolates, $52.40 each.  

Luckily, I was watching today when they presented M65706 -- 5 lb holiday tin for $53.20, just 80 cents more for two extra pouds of chocolate!

Timing is everything!!

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven   Never had these chocolates are they as good as they look?

Valued Contributor

Re: Harry London Chocolates

[ Edited ]

@dulwich-- I've never had them either.  I just thought the boxes, and now the tins with the individually wrapped chocolates would make beautiful gifts.  And yes, I'll keep a tin at my house for visitors, to use in gift bags, or to eat ;o)  Hopefully, I don't eat 5 lbs of candy all by myself!!  I'll report back on the quality of the chocolate -- a job I will take very seriously!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I find them to be just "okay".  Maybe somewhat better than what I can get in the grocery store.  I buy the big tin every year for my dental office at Christmas.  They have a couple of dozen people working there, and I like that the candies are individually wrapped.  There are enough that I know everyone can get a few.

Honestly, if I had any type of decent shopping where I live, I'd probably buy something else.  (I buy the smaller boxes of Harry and David truffles for the other smaller professional offices I gift for the holidays.)

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven- Wow, that's a huge difference and you get a nice, reusable tin instead of just a box.  Congratulations on being an observant shopper!

Honored Contributor

@Beauty Maven 

@dulwich 

I've had the Harry London chocolates several times, and they are just ok. Not bad, and not to die for. 

I don't like their buckeyes, because if you are from Ohio, you usually make your own, and they are much better than those manufactured ones from anywhere. Add to it the candy that has the pretzels in it, that I consider to be kind of cheapo, and there isn't enough of the types I think are better and more worth the money, to buy this year's offering. 

It was hard to say no though, because I loved the tin! lol

Honored Contributor

Re: Harry London Chocolates

[ Edited ]

These are not worth the calories to me and way too much candy for me but I’m glad you found a better deal. That’s always a good feeling. 

If you have an Aldi or Lindl in your area, the chocolates are imported from Europe and are delicious and inexpensive and packaged for gift giving. 

Super Contributor

I prefer the Waggoner chocolates from ShopHQ. The mint chocolate is our favorite.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the tip @GenXmuse -- There is an Aldi in my neighborhood.  I never thought to look there, but it makes sense that they would have have European chocolate since they're a German company.  I appreciate the suggestion!

Respected Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

These are not worth the calories to me and way too much candy for me but I’m glad you found a better deal. That’s always a good feeling. 

If you have an Aldi or Lindl in your area, the chocolates are imported from Europe and are delicious and inexpensive and packaged for gift giving. 

@GenXmuse  LOVE the Aldi chocolate. Delicious and you can't beat the price, you can taste the difference.