Honored Contributor

Re: Happy and Safe 4th to all ! What's your plan ?

Stay home with my dogs.  We have a large community-sponsored fireworks display which I can see from my covered patio.  I'll watch that.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Staying home in the AC will watch fireworks on TV and in my neighborhood from my porch.  The older I get the less I can take the heat and crowds.  I hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday!

Esteemed Contributor

Going to the pool with DS & DDIL. Maybe make a cheeseburger for dinner.

No plans for the evening. Will stay home with my dog. He is not bad about fireworks, but he will be more comfortable with me there .

Regular Contributor

We had our family/friends party yesterday at my house. There were about a hundred of us ... lol! Everyone had a great time. Kids swam in the pool; nieces/nephews played cornhole, jumped on trampoline; those that were bothered by the heat stayed inside in the A/C. Nice party! 

Earlier tonight, we watched some fireworks going on everywhere in the city from my upper deck ... great view! Very pretty! 💥 Happy 4th to all! 🇺🇸 🇺🇸 🙂

Respected Contributor

Going to Terminal Island and will watch the boats in the harbor. Terminal Island is a historical place.

Japanese Americans lived and worked ( fishing ) there til W.W. 2 Then they lost every thing when they were sent to camps. It is a kind of memorial to those people when we go there, esp. a close friend who was also sent to a camp, and recently died:-(

The day after  the 4th we get to see our only G'son who joined the MARINES last September. He was only 19 and we have not seen him in 4 years. I'm so happy and excited! Cannot wait til I can hug him tightly.

Respected Contributor

Going to a cookout this afternoon.  I'm going to bring Hoodsie cups WITH the wooden spoons. ( the ONLY way to eat a Hoodsie cup. Without them it's just another bowl of ice cream.)

Many decades ago the members of the local VFW would go around to the city parks and give out  Hoodsie cups to the kids every Fourth of July.   I thought it would be fun to have them today.

May We The People All have a happy and safe Independence Day!

Esteemed Contributor

We are just staying home today and that's all right with me.   We don't get too excited about fireworks anymore.  Our town has a festival in August though and we can see their fireworks from our back deck.   We'll have the kids over for a small cooklout to enjoy that instead.   

Hope you all have a great day today regardless of where you are or what you are doing Smiley Happy

Happy Birthday America!

Trusted Contributor

I'll be staying indoors with the a/c on and watching the Twilight Zone marathon.   Too hot to be outside.

Super Contributor

Well after a great relatively quiet few days, last night some idiots started fireworks near my neighborhood last night. Luckily, I brought in three kittens (who were old enough to be separated from their sweet mom) from my porch. I am going to keep my disabled sister and animals as safe as I can in our house. No sleep for me, but who cares? I just keep praying.