Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,807
Registered: ‎12-12-2010

Cute! I ❤️ Scrub Daddys!

It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die.
~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,354
Registered: ‎11-24-2011

@Mominohio wrote:

When this line first came out, they were really great and long lasting. 

 

About two rounds in and QVC and the vendor managed to cheapen them to the point they crumble after just a day or two. And dummy me, I tried several times, but they were never the same again.

 

Never again for me.


@Mominohio 

 

That's what happens to a lot of products when Lori Greiner gets involved when she invests in items presented on Shark Tank. She knows where to go to have things produced for the least amount of $$$ which usually results in cheapening of the product. Her go to factories are probably in China.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 20,009
Registered: ‎08-08-2010

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

When this line first came out, they were really great and long lasting. 

 

About two rounds in and QVC and the vendor managed to cheapen them to the point they crumble after just a day or two. And dummy me, I tried several times, but they were never the same again.

 

Never again for me.


@Mominohio 

 

That's what happens to a lot of products when Lori Greiner gets involved when she invests in items presented on Shark Tank. She knows where to go to have things produced for the least amount of $$$ which usually results in cheapening of the product. Her go to factories are probably in China.


 

@shaggygirl 

 

You are so right. 

 

I've really lost a lot of respect for the Shark Tank investors. To watch them repeatedly tell the entrepreneurs that they are wrong/crazy to want to manufacture here, to not do deals if they don't outsource the manufacturing to China...... I guess I don't get how many billions of dollars is enough. 

 

I'm more inclined to support someone like My Pillow that insists on keeping manufacturing here in the states, even if it means fewer millions in their pocket. 

 

And it's frustrating to buy something from QVC, it's great and works well, only for the following purchases of it to be so sub standard. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,354
Registered: ‎11-24-2011

@Mominohio wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

When this line first came out, they were really great and long lasting. 

 

About two rounds in and QVC and the vendor managed to cheapen them to the point they crumble after just a day or two. And dummy me, I tried several times, but they were never the same again.

 

Never again for me.


@Mominohio 

 

That's what happens to a lot of products when Lori Greiner gets involved when she invests in items presented on Shark Tank. She knows where to go to have things produced for the least amount of $$$ which usually results in cheapening of the product. Her go to factories are probably in China.


 

@shaggygirl 

 

You are so right. 

 

I've really lost a lot of respect for the Shark Tank investors. To watch them repeatedly tell the entrepreneurs that they are wrong/crazy to want to manufacture here, to not do deals if they don't outsource the manufacturing to China...... I guess I don't get how many billions of dollars is enough. 

 

I'm more inclined to support someone like My Pillow that insists on keeping manufacturing here in the states, even if it means fewer millions in their pocket. 

 

And it's frustrating to buy something from QVC, it's great and works well, only for the following purchases of it to be so sub standard. 


@Mominohio 

 

And only once in awhile do you hear them say China out loud. They usually say "overseas". But we know where they mean!

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,396
Registered: ‎07-20-2014

Re: Halloween Scrub Daddys

[ Edited ]

I love both the Scrub Daddy and Mommy, but mostly use the Scrub Mommy.  I agree the quality isn't as good as the first ones, but for me, they still outperform any other sponge I have tried. 

 

I'll definitely pick up a Halloween one if I see them in a store.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,013
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@bluehost wrote:

Do these work any better than "regular" sponges? They are cute, but I'll NEVER see these in the stores I shop at. Hard enough to find regular, square medium sized sponges.



@bluehost wrote:

Do these work any better than "regular" sponges? They are cute, but I'll NEVER see these in the stores I shop at. Hard enough to find regular, square medium sized sponges.


@bluehost 

 

They are pretty good, can be used for both tough jobs or more delicate surfaces (read the directions on how to change them for your particular task)....

If you have a Bed, Bath & Beyond near you, they usually have them there.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 32,013
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

@threecees 

 

Thanks for the info....Ill check around locally I like the Pumpkin....will go cute with my fall kitchen decor....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,325
Registered: ‎11-22-2013

@threecees  These are cute and I would like to think they would put a smile on my face, but I hate washing dishes.  I do not mind cooking but the cleanup is always a gruelsome task for myself.  My dishwasher has always been the 10 finger method since I got married in 1986.  It will take more than a scrub daddy to put a smile on my face!

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,715
Registered: ‎04-28-2010

I saw a 15 pack of scrubb daddy sponges, rectangular in the bed, bath and beyond ad.  I might have to see what the regular sponges are like (they weren’t the smiley ones). $15 for 15 and a holder, and then a coupon off that.  The pumpkin one is very cute!

Mine last a while, but not the quality of when they first came out. 

Maybe people not buying more fast enough, so they cheapened them. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,096
Registered: ‎09-22-2017

I was in Dollar General today and found a single packaged Scrub Mommy.

It was very flimsy and sold for $2.50. Not worth it.