Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark and Christmas movies

Recommend „Love at the Thanksgiving Parade“. A 2012 movie I just caught and theme , etc different from run if the mill. The actress was surprisingly vivacious and outgoing as compared to her more current roles where she is serious and quiet.
Contributor

Same movies, same actors. So boring -- can't watch anymore.

Respected Contributor

Christmas Under the Stars - Yes, a Hallmark and a bit different storyline. Enjoying!
Trusted Contributor

I put this movie in another thread. The Christmas Box from 1995 with Maureen O'Hara and Richard Thomas is one of my all time favorites. Captures the true meaning of Christmas. If you haven't seen it I highly recommend it. 
Also Secret Santa with Jennifer Garth, captures the true meaning of Christmas. I too am sick of all the love stories. This one is a wonderful movie. Hasn't been on in a few years. I need to do a search to see if it's on this year. If it is, it is a must see.

Honored Contributor

Hallmark has multiple channels now.  Most of these old movies and series are on either Hallmark Drama or the streaming service, Hallmark Movies Now.

If you follow these channels on social media, they post when they are being shown (Hallmark Drama) or when they've been added to the streaming service (Hallmark Movies Now).

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

Hallmark has multiple channels now.  Most of these old movies and series are on either Hallmark Drama or the streaming service, Hallmark Movies Now.

If you follow these channels on social media, they post when they are being shown (Hallmark Drama) or when they've been added to the streaming service (Hallmark Movies Now).

We don't get the other Hallmark channels and I have great doubts that a streaming service would be worth my money. We live rural and our internet doesn't do a very good job of letting us see videos online, we get a lot of loading and interruptions much of the time. Wish we did have the other Hallmark Channels though!

Respected Contributor

I am quickly becoming disgusted with program schedules of Hallmark movies.  Same movies in evening and even late afternoon over and over.  The multitude of movies that they brag have filled 10 years are being buried in wee hours or not shown at all.  I am already searching for alternatives and it's not even Thanksgiving!    (And I am a Hallmark movie fan......but there are limits.)

Valued Contributor

I just turned off "The Mistletoe Secret" after watching almost the whole thing, because I just couldn't watch Kellie Pickler any more. She cannot act, and seeing the other competent actors performing next to her made me uncomfortable. It reminded me of that Mariah Carrey Hallmark movie with Lacey Chabert where it's clear that they recorded all of Mariah's scenes separate from the others. It looked like 2 different movies slapped together.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Twins Mom wrote:

I am quickly becoming disgusted with program schedules of Hallmark movies.  Same movies in evening and even late afternoon over and over.  The multitude of movies that they brag have filled 10 years are being buried in wee hours or not shown at all.  I am already searching for alternatives and it's not even Thanksgiving!    (And I am a Hallmark movie fan......but there are limits.)

Agree. They have the same rotation of the same handful of movies and many of them are not among their better options. In the process of apparently trying to cast a wide net, they're eliminating a sizable portion of their potential audience with the been there done that approach. There I go again, repeating myself...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Instead of the endless holiday 'romances, I really wish they'd do a few Christmas mysteries on the Mysteries and Movies channel. There are so many cozy Christmas mysteries out there it's unfortunate they don't mix it up.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...