Honored Contributor

Hallmark Keepsake Ornament 2017 Dream Book

The Dream Book is available for viewing online.

The Mickey Mouse Lunch Box and Thermos are cute.

I'm a little disappointed in my series for this  year.

Cookies Cutter Christmas needs to be retired as does Christmas Cupcake.  They are getting boring and repetitive for $12.95.

They have a Seasons Treatings miniature tree now.  This one is still my favorite series, I will definitely have to get the tree and mini ormaments.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Keepsake Ornament 2017 Dream Book

@VaBelle35 wrote:

The Dream Book is available for viewing online.

The Mickey Mouse Lunch Box and Thermos are cute.

I'm a little disappointed in my series for this  year.

Cookies Cutter Christmas needs to be retired as does Christmas Cupcake.  They are getting boring and repetitive for $12.95.

They have a Seasons Treatings miniature tree now.  This one is still my favorite series, I will definitely have to get the tree and mini ormaments.

@VaBelle35- thanks for posting. I asked about the Dream book this past Saturday at my local store and they told me I was "way too early". I knew I wasn't, LOL. 

To be honest, I've looked through the book online twice in the last few minutes and found nothing that interests me. I'll get the Transformer ornament for our grandson, but I think that going to be it for me. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I used to really like Hallmark ornaments, and could find more every year than I could ever afford. 

But I've been over them for so long now. There are hardly any 'grown-up' ornaments any more. Almost Everything looks plastic and 'kiddie' to me. 

I never bought them by the tons, but have some that are a special part of our tree every year. Never seem to find any that I'd consider adding anymore though. 

Honored Contributor

I might be more moved to see some of these in person, but I am usually much more enthusiastic.  Not a lot of new and an abundance of character items.

The character items must sell as they keep increasing the number every year.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Esteemed Contributor

My mom and I used to love going out right after 4th of July and we each would buy several ornaments. I have probably 2-3 boxes in my garage of ornaments from the 80's and 90's. We stopped when the priced started going up. I haven't put up a tree in years ( no kids, just cats) and my mom is gone. I too looked through the book twice and didn't see anything that made me want to go out and buy. They've gotten a little to plastic like and to child like plus pricey. I would rather buy nice ornaments from Pier One. 

Honored Contributor

The glass ornaments last year were very nice.  They look nicer in person than in the book.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

My mom and I collected Hallmark ornaments for years and years.  She's no longer with me, but I still buy an ornament or two every year.  Lately my ornaments of choice have been the animated houses with Santa that play a Christmas tune.  I love their innovative designs and seem to find one or two to give to a grandkid.  I've stopped giving ornaments to friends, though, because so many people I know do not put up trees anymore.   

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I used to really like Hallmark ornaments, and could find more every year than I could ever afford. 

But I've been over them for so long now. There are hardly any 'grown-up' ornaments any more. Almost Everything looks plastic and 'kiddie' to me. 

I never bought them by the tons, but have some that are a special part of our tree every year. Never seem to find any that I'd consider adding anymore though. 

@Mominohio

I felt the same as you regarding the Hallmark ornaments, however, as @VaBelle35 said Hallmark came out with the Heritage Collection blown glass ornaments and they are quite nice.  My sister bought me the angel as a gift---she's beautiful a more vintage looking ornament which I love but they had other designs and styles in blown glass...........I dont know what they plan for this collection but I'll go see what new ornaments they come out with this year..............

Praying-Angel-Ornament-root-3995HDR1503_HDR1503_1470_1.jpg_Source_Image.jpg

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

I just stopped at the Hallmark store and picked up my book. I skimmed through it and saw they are finally offering more mini tree ornaments!

They cut way back on the minis a few years ago and I was mad! Looks like they are coming back in full force! Yea!

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Mominohio

I felt the same as you regarding the Hallmark ornaments, however, as @VaBelle35 said Hallmark came out with the Heritage Collection blown glass ornaments and they are quite nice.  My sister bought me the angel as a gift---she's beautiful a more vintage looking ornament which I love but they had other designs and styles in blown glass...........I dont know what they plan for this collection but I'll go see what new ornaments they come out with this year..............

Praying-Angel-Ornament-root-3995HDR1503_HDR1503_1470_1.jpg_Source_Image.jpg

@Spurt

I did notice those heritage ones, and they are indeed beautiful and much more along the lines of something I'd like. 

Here is my problem/question for those of you that have some of them. Are they really worth the money? I mean there are so many similar ornaments like this everywhere, for much less money. So are these Hallmark ones made better and do you expect to have them last longer than the ones at places like Hobby Lobby? 

I have some Christopher Radko ornaments from back in the day when he was at Q, and they were super expensive. But they are of a whole other world when it comes to quality. 

So where would you say these Hallmark ones fall between the Hobby Lobby offerings, and something like Radko?