Frequent Contributor

I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in TV & Movies, but I've seen Hallmark threads here in the past.  Personally, I know most of these movies are of the same vein, and pretty cliche at times, but they are a nice way to relax and unwind for a little while.  I found this yesterday - Entertainment Weekly posted when all the movies will be shown this year.  Enjoy!

http://ew.com/tv/hallmark-christmas-movies-2017-photos/

Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies

I love a good hallmark sappy movie.  I don't always get the channel though.  Occasionally dish adds it for a month.

Honored Contributor

I'm weary of the predictable romance on Hallmark movies, and wish we got the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel, as they have great movies with less romance, but in the same 'clean' format. I'm looking for something more along the lines of the Hallmark Hall of Fame type movies they used to make more often. Great movies with great actors more about values, historical period type themes etc, just not the corny romance at every turn. 

There are a lot of great Christmas movies out there for people looking for something besides the romance.

UP channel has some closer to Christmas, as does INSP. 

Esteemed Contributor

I am a Hallmark movie Junkie, especially the Christmas movies, I watch every single one every year, I know they are a bit sappy but I love them, some of the town they feature would be a nice place to live, and I do not know about any of you, I like to believe in Happy endings which Hallmark always delivers!

Esteemed Contributor

With respect to those who are tired of the formula that Hallmark uses for the majority of their Christmas movies for those of us who love them it won't get old.  I'm resting an injury this weekend and must spend the day in bed, so the movies will be a treat for me.  My favorites will get more than one viewing between now and the end of the marathon on New Year's Day.

I think I saw an ad on Lifetime that they are premiering a few of their own Christmas movies this year. I believe the ad ran on regular Lifetime, but these movies may be shown on Lifetime Movie Network.  Another thing for those who like the Hallmark movies but do not get Hallmark Movie Channel as part of their cable or satellite package.  Those movies are available through streaming services (Netflix, Hulu, You Tube, etc.) serving as another reason on the list to get yourself a Roku or Amazon Fire streaming device. 

Trusted Contributor

@CareBears I'm with you :-).  Sure they are kind of sappy and predictable but in today's world it's nice to forget about what's going on and appreciate that when you watch these movies there's always a happy ending, even if real life isn't always like that.

Respected Contributor

As I've gotten older I've found I just cannot watch movies with violence....so all the crime dramas that are on are unwatchable for me.  As others have said, there is so much crud going on in the world....I use tv as a respite from that, where I can forget about troubles for a couple hours and enjoy some fantasy.

The Hallmark movies are sappy and predictable....which is just what I'm looking for many times!  I know nothing too terrible is going to happen, and that whatever problems there are...all will be ok by the end of the movie.  I like that.  

Trusted Contributor

I love the Hallmark channels.  It's so nice to be able to watch wholesome, clean, profanity-free feel-good movies.  

Honored Contributor

I noticed the movies today but have not watched any yet.  I will eventually.

kindness is strength