Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 News

@VaBelle35

I noticed the empty carry out coffee cups a year or two ago!

OK, now look for the four carolers. I am pretty sure they are the same ones in several movies. One is a blonde and the brunette looks like Marion Ross (Mrs. Cunningham).

They were just in the first new movie with the 'movie star' and dress in period costumes.

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

So many cozy mystery series include 'Christmas mysteries'. It would be nice if the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel would produce some of them instead of the endless stream of luke-warm romances... I've watched a good bit of both Hallmark channels the past few holiday seasons, but not sure how much I'll be watching this year... The formulas (not even to mention the casts) have become too redundant... There's the occasional entertaining offering, but too many of them have just become predictable, cloying and tedious...

--------

@stevieb I was going to start a post about the very topic of turning those cozy mysteries into movies.  It makes so much sense for the mystery channel of Hallmark.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG Every year I try to get hold of a handful of cozy Christmas mysteries and every year I find a few. Over the years, of course, I've read quite a number, so there are definitely a lot of them out there, and some of them are very enjoyable. I'd really like to see Hallmark go down that road instead of offering two channels with what many times are essentially the same type of holiday romance movies. It seems they only have a few themes for their Christmas movies and they really could use a bit more variety. Plus, since it is supposedly a movie and mystery channel, the mysteries would be most welcome...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

They use the same house in A Christmas to Remember and Let it Snow.

A Christmas to Remember is the one with Cameron Matheson as a Veterinarian who finds a woman with amnesia.

I have seen Let is Snow 100 times, so I noticed it right away.

Interesting that that was mentioned in the WSJ article that people notice if they use the same place twice.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Enjoyed two “Father Christmas “ movies! Maybe there will be a third! Can’t remember “Signed Sealed” movie but will be on lookout. Hope tigers enjoying too.
Valued Contributor

I just watched A Very Merry Mix-Up which is cheesy but I really enjoyed it. 

Then a Hallmark movie came on with Cameron Mathison and I wanted to wrap my head in really sharp twine.

Honored Contributor

This is the first year I have watched any of these movies.  I bought several that I really liked, but havn't watched any for the last five days.

Christmas with Tucker, Christmas Under Wraps, My Christmas Dream, and Christmas at Cartwright's are the ones I liked enough to want to see again.

Honored Contributor

Don't forget, thsi one is on tonight on Hallmark Channel.  I believe this is the Hallmark Hall of Fame movie of the season.

The Christmas Train (Hallmark Channel)

“David Baldacci’s No. 1 New York Times bestseller comes to Hallmark Hall of Fame with this story of cynical journalist Tom Langdon, taking a train from D.C. to L.A. for Christmas. He’s not too thrilled with the journey, but Tom is the sort who’s not thrilled by much. Tom’s been briefly married but never had kids. Today his ex-wife wouldn’t accept a collect call from him in the most dire of circumstances. Tom is forty-one and has just lost his mother to a stroke; his father has been dead for several years. Being an only child he is truly alone now, and that has made him introspective. Half his time on earth is gone, and all he has to show for it is a failed marriage, no offspring, an informal alliance with a California voiceover queen, a truckload of newsprint and some awards. By any reasonable measure, it is a miserable excuse for an existence. But Tom’s cross-country journey will soon become an internal odyssey. Strangers remind of him of people’s innate goodness. Before long, Tom rekindles a love, and the magic of Christmas takes hold.”

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

I just watched "Angel of Christmas", & "Magic Stocking"- loved both of them!

I got rid of cable (YAY!), so I've been buying Hallmark movies on Ebay like crazy. I really love their Christmas movies, for the most part. Some aren't very good due to poor acting, the script, etc. But I have my favorite actors/actresses, so I kind of follow them. 

I also love...

Let it Snow

Christmas Under Wraps

My Christmas Love (SO CUTE!!!)

Trading Christmas

A "Very Merry Mix-Up" has grown on me, & now I really enjoy it (sweet!)

+ many others.   Heart

Respected Contributor

Btw, I really like both Candace Cameron & Paul Greene in Hallmark movies.

But....I didn't think "Christmas Detour" was very good. I think the 2 of them lacked chemistry, for some reason.