Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 News

I wonder why the Let it Snow DVD stays SO expensive at Amazon? I started pricing it after the first time I saw it, & it has never budged from $22.99. I can usually buy the Hallmark Christmas movies during the summer for about $5.00. 

I'm still waiting for "My Christmas Love" (new last season) to come out on DVD....that was adorable. Heart

Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 wrote:

I finally watched Home for Christmas Day.  

Catherine Bell's face was so distracting with all her fillers. 

I saw a commercial featuring her, & I couldn't believe how bad her fillers were....she couldn't even smile properly. 

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

I wonder why the Let it Snow DVD stays SO expensive at Amazon? I started pricing it after the first time I saw it, & it has never budged from $22.99. I can usually buy the Hallmark Christmas movies during the summer for about $5.00. 

I'm still waiting for "My Christmas Love" (new last season) to come out on DVD....that was adorable. Heart

I know Hallmark re-airrf it very sparingly when it first came out and held it back from DVD for a few years.  Christmas Under Wraps was the highest rated movie in Hallmark history when it first aired.  I think both of these got high ratings.

I bought it from Walmart and I think I pre-ordered both when they first came out.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

Hallmark makes such a fortune off these movies.  Most of them are made in Canada where the labor is cheaper, because the unions allow the crews to work longer hours, and they can pay the crew and actors in the Canadian dollar.  The Canadian government also gives multiple, massive tax breaks to Hallmark to film in Canada rather than the USA.  I'm not surprised they cranked out 33 new ones this year.  They're cheaper to make, because the US dollar is worth more than the Canadian, they take a fraction of the time to make because of Canadian union rules, and they make a fortune off American advertisers when they're aired in the USA.

Occasional Contributor

I'm addicted to Hallmark movies, especially their Christmas ones!! I love that they are optimistic, happy, and non-violent! I DVR almost all of them and find that they relax me at the end of a tough day!

Respected Contributor

I'm loving these movies.....makes me feel cooler in these hot days of summer.

Honored Contributor

I've been watching some of the holiday movies from July in anticipation of the new ones coming out in a few weeks.

October 27 is the first movie.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I do enjoy the Hallmark Mystery channel....I like their re-occurring series........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 - HC and HMM

Did anyone watch the Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas Preview?

Some of these look really good.

Hallmark Channel's Countdown to Christmas Movie Preview is on tonight.

Everything starts October 27.

It's still 80 degrees here in the DC area, but I'm ready.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 - HC and HMM

[ Edited ]

This one looks really great:

The Christmas Train 

“David Baldacci’s No. 1 New York Times bestseller comes to Hallmark Hall of Fame with this story of cynical journalist Tom Langdon, taking a train from D.C. to L.A. for Christmas. He’s not too thrilled with the journey, but Tom is the sort who’s not thrilled by much. Tom’s been briefly married but never had kids. Today his ex-wife wouldn’t accept a collect call from him in the most dire of circumstances. Tom is forty-one and has just lost his mother to a stroke; his father has been dead for several years. Being an only child he is truly alone now, and that has made him introspective. Half his time on earth is gone, and all he has to show for it is a failed marriage, no offspring, an informal alliance with a California voiceover queen, a truckload of newsprint and some awards. By any reasonable measure, it is a miserable excuse for an existence. But Tom’s cross-country journey will soon become an internal odyssey. Strangers remind of him of people’s innate goodness. Before long, Tom rekindles a love, and the magic of Christmas takes hold."

Dermot Mulroney, Kimberly Williams Paisley Joan Cusack and Danny Glover.

Saturday, November 25 8p Eastern.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN