Honored Contributor

Re: Hallmark Christmas Movies 2017 News

Nothing will be changing according to this article as this formula keeps increasing ratings and ad revenue.

http://www.adweek.com/tv-video/hallmarks-christmas-programming-is-the-gift-that-keeps-on-giving-at-l...

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

I'm finally caught up on all the movies. The only ones I liked of the last 4 was Christmas Connection, the one with the stewardess who has the unaccompanied minor and Rocky Mountain Christmas with Treat Williams. I lasted 5 minutes with Christmas Next Door. Jesse Metcalf's hair was too annoying as was his character. I saw the preview for Royal New Year's Eve and I think I will have to pass. His fake accent alone is off putting.
===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

My favorite ones this year were The Chrismas Cottage and The Christmas Train. Other than that, the formula was wearing thin and I noticed on several of the new ones, the chemistry between the two leads was virtually non-existent. I get that Hallmark really rushes the production of these, but they should at least take a couple days to find out which actors have chemistry together. 

Respected Contributor

@FleurFairy wrote:

My favorite ones this year were The Chrismas Cottage and The Christmas Train. Other than that, the formula was wearing thin and I noticed on several of the new ones, the chemistry between the two leads was virtually non-existent. I get that Hallmark really rushes the production of these, but they should at least take a couple days to find out which actors have chemistry together. 

ITA- the new movies do seem rushed & silly. Some of the non-lead actors must be someone's relative. Not only is their acting bad, but they don't fit the part. And Hallmark, STOP with the fake snow when you show sun & a cloudless sky!

I watched "The Mistletoe Inn" & found myself keeping track of all the parts that were just stupid. The guy who played Alicia's ex-boyfriend was ridiculous. She towered over him....they didn't look or seem like a couple at all. It could have been a good movie, but I don't think Hallmark cared. 

You can tell they have a formula, & they're just cranking out the movies. I guess I'll just keep buying the older movies on dvd's & watch those. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to add....

I've watched several movies with Alicia Witt, & never thought she was extremely tall....until this years batch. In Mistletoe Inn, & The Christmas List, they make her look 7-1/2 feet tall. She towers over many of the other actors. In one scene during Mistletoe Inn, I even noticed the camera angle was low, shooting up at her. Then in the same scene, they angled the camera down, filming her ex-boyfriend. It made Alicia look freakishly tall, & the ex look short/small/little. It was weird. And talk about ZERO chemistry....nada....not even a crumb of it. 

They must have her in really high heels, because she's only 5'9" (I just looked it up). Is Hallmark doing the powerful woman, weak man thing now? Personally, I think their movies are getting pretty bad....& I used to really enjoy them. 

Honored Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

Just wanted to add....

I've watched several movies with Alicia Witt, & never thought she was extremely tall....until this years batch. In Mistletoe Inn, & The Christmas List, they make her look 7-1/2 feet tall. She towers over many of the other actors. In one scene during Mistletoe Inn, I even noticed the camera angle was low, shooting up at her. Then in the same scene, they angled the camera down, filming her ex-boyfriend. It made Alicia look freakishly tall, & the ex look short/small/little. It was weird. And talk about ZERO chemistry....nada....not even a crumb of it. 

They must have her in really high heels, because she's only 5'9" (I just looked it up). Is Hallmark doing the powerful woman, weak man thing now? Personally, I think their movies are getting pretty bad....& I used to really enjoy them. 

@spot555  I didn't think of her as tall either, but she is one of my favorite Hallmark actresses.  Until this year, I had never heard of her as I hadn't watched the movies before.  Did you see her in Christmas at Cartwright's?  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@spot555  I didn't think of her as tall either, but she is one of my favorite Hallmark actresses.  Until this year, I had never heard of her as I hadn't watched the movies before.  Did you see her in Christmas at Cartwright's?  Smiley Happy

Good to see you mousiegirl. Smiley Happy

Yes, I did see that movie, & also A Very Merry Mix-Up (I own both dvd's). It's just something I noticed about her height in this years movies. It's really odd....they make her legs look a mile long. 

Respected Contributor

I know Christmas is over but for anyone who is still watching Christmas movies, I highly recommend "Christmas Homecoming" on the Hallmark Movie Channel. It's based on romance of course, but, it's not the typical Hallmark movie formula. The basic storyline is about a war widow and an injured war hero.

Heartfelt moments in this movie.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the rec, Diva. I'm still watching Christmas movies....I love them.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

I know Christmas is over but for anyone who is still watching Christmas movies, I highly recommend "Christmas Homecoming" on the Hallmark Movie Channel. It's based on romance of course, but, it's not the typical Hallmark movie formula. The basic storyline is about a war widow and an injured war hero.

Heartfelt moments in this movie.

@Diva on The Q

did you watch home for christmas day with catherine bell? it was also a war themed christmas movie that was new for this year. it has some sad moments, but i did like it enough to watch it twice already.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein