Hallmark Channel - Countdown to Christmas starts October 28, 2016

Last night's promo said 19 new movies.

That's a lot of movies.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark Channel - Countdown to Christmas starts October 28, 2016

Oh dear! Those are not very good movies, are they? I tried to watch some, and they were very predictable plots with not enough character development to make the characters real. 

Super Contributor

I love those Hallmark movies.  They are sweet!  Looking forward to the Christmas ones as long as they are new. Have seen all the others.

Super Contributor

I love the hallmark Christmas movies. The settings, scenery, and just the simple messages are fine by me. The movies relax me. Sometimes the simpleness of Christmas is lost in all the chaos and gift giving. If I want strong plot and character development, I'll watch an academy award movie or read a book.

Honored Contributor

I have complained for the last several years that Hallmark is making the same few movies over and over. 

How many 'working girl becomes princess' movies, how many 'really bad "Christmas Carol" remakes, how many "I wake up being a mommy to a family I don't recognize", how many silly romance movies do we need for the holiday?

Hallmark used to make some really great movies (think Hallmark Hall of Fame type stories) and now it is like a cleaned up version of the Harliquin romance novels my grandma used to read. And while I enjoy some of the actresses like Candice Cameron Bure (sp?) and the various ones she has made because they center around something besides just the romance, some of these actresses are making so many Hallmark movies that they are running together.

I'd like to see Hallmark make more movies that deal with the true meanings of the season (not just boy meets girl, boy looses girl, boy gets girl), like "Silent Night" (the one with Linda Hamilton, and "Christmas in Canaan" with Billy Ray Cyrus, and "A Dog Named Christmas". Things that leave the romance out, and focus on families and struggles during the holidays.

In the past couple of years the acting, writing and directing of some of these films is looking like a high school production of something. The acting is particularly bad, as well as everything from the sets to the editing.

It is like they are trying to crank out anything, regardless if it is any good or not. 

Occasional Contributor

I love the Hallmark Christmas movies, glad to see they will be having some new ones.

Honored Contributor

Some of the movies are cute and well done.......but some seem to be the same ole recycled plot, or are they take a decent novel and really water it down....

Kinda like the mystery movies....some I really enjoy....some I think gee is that woman a jinx why do all these people wind up dead in that small town and there seems to be one common factor......the central character.....maybe they need to force her to leave town so crime will go away---LOL!!!  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

I imagine that in order to churn out these movies like they do, a lot of recycling occurs.

I'm fine with that.

These are harmless movies that don't keep me up at night ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Trusted Contributor

I love all of the holiday themed Hallmark movies and can't wait! I am happy to see that they are including more fall themed movies this year.

The overuse of lights and decorations in each movie inspires me and makes me happy!

Respected Contributor

I also saw the promo last night.  I'm excited and look forward to seeing them each year.  I especially like the Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle series and hope the new programs are as good.

Of course, can't wait to see the classics like Wonderful Life, White Christmas, A Christmas Carol, Christmas Story, Christmas Vacation..and so many more!  Yay, can't wait🙆