Valued Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@loriqvc, Thank you!  I had not even Googled the lantern because HSN said it was exclusive!  Ha.  Lesson learned.

@MaryLamb, Very much looking forward to your opinion.  If it is all wood it will surely be a one of a kind.  I'm still thinking there are other materials involved in making it appear "wooden" but you'll be the first to find out and let us know how it looks, and also if Luminaras will fit inside the glass easily.  I do not need this.  I am mainly curious because it's different, ya know?

@corita and anyone else interested, Bed Bath and Beyond has both styles of Puleo wooden lanterns, and they will accept 20% off coupons for the one shown in this thread, but not for the square one.  $56.79 after coupon.

@SHOPR  The lantern arrived today in perfect condition. I wasn’t crazy about the plastic, flameless candle, so I replaced it with an old Solare one that is crackled glass, I think it works well with it. I do not believe this lantern is wood or resin, because it is so light. My guess is that it is aluminum that has been treated with some kind of flocking spray to make it look like wood. It feels like sandpaper. Regardless of what it’s made from, it looks very realistic, and I’m pleased with the purchase.

4E2D251F-AC2C-4D9C-901C-F451680AA650.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN - CIJ 7/9

[ Edited ]

@MaryLamb, Aluminum? Wow. 

Your new lantern looks perfect to me with the crackle glass Solare candle.  I don't have that candle but do have the ivory smooth frosted glass version, which would also fit nicely.   

I've saved the lantern on my BB&B acct and I may cave.  CIJ is going to get me in some trouble if I continue this way, so I will probably wait on it.  I can see it with greenery tucked in the base for Christmas and leaves for Fall. 

That's a really nice photo and I love your tufted velvet chair.  

Honored Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@loriqvc, Thank you!  I had not even Googled the lantern because HSN said it was exclusive!  Ha.  Lesson learned.

@MaryLamb, Very much looking forward to your opinion.  If it is all wood it will surely be a one of a kind.  I'm still thinking there are other materials involved in making it appear "wooden" but you'll be the first to find out and let us know how it looks, and also if Luminaras will fit inside the glass easily.  I do not need this.  I am mainly curious because it's different, ya know?

@corita and anyone else interested, Bed Bath and Beyond has both styles of Puleo wooden lanterns, and they will accept 20% off coupons for the one shown in this thread, but not for the square one.  $56.79 after coupon.

@SHOPR  The lantern arrived today in perfect condition. I wasn’t crazy about the plastic, flameless candle, so I replaced it with an old Solare one that is crackled glass, I think it works well with it. I do not believe this lantern is wood or resin, because it is so light. My guess is that it is aluminum that has been treated with some kind of flocking spray to make it look like wood. It feels like sandpaper. Regardless of what it’s made from, it looks very realistic, and I’m pleased with the purchase.

4E2D251F-AC2C-4D9C-901C-F451680AA650.jpeg

@MaryLamb   I have this candle, bought "as is," and I think it looks good in the lantern.