Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR and @MaryLamb - The lantern shown in the top post of this thread is listed on the HSN website with the title "wooden lantern," as is one that is very similar. If you Google the Puleo name associated with these items, you will find better descriptions of the lanterns on sites like BB&B that specifically note that they are made of wood and glass. Enjoy...

Esteemed Contributor

@MaryLamb wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

@MaryLamb, If you get the rustic lantern, please update us on how you like it.  I can't tell what kind of material the wood textured portion is made from.  I wonder if it is real wood veneer, resin, or all textured metal? They need to do a thorough presentation.

@SHOPR  I’m going to see what kind of deal they offer tomorrow. HSN is usually pretty good about Easy Pay and free shipping on events like CIJ, so that will determine if I get it. I bet it’s made of resin. I hope the candle can be removed and replaced with a Luminara. It looks like you could probably remove the candle and glass through the top. 

-----------------

@MaryLamb @SHOPR 

I would also like to read a review on this lantern.  I really could not see the lantern too well in the online picture.  Might be something I am interested in buying.  I like rustic, "homemadey" looking decor....

Valued Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

@SHOPR and @MaryLamb - The lantern shown in the top post of this thread is listed on the HSN website with the title "wooden lantern," as is one that is very similar. If you Google the Puleo name associated with these items, you will find better descriptions of the lanterns on sites like BB&B that specifically note that they are made of wood and glass. Enjoy...

@loriqvc @SHOPR  Oh! I’m so glad you found that! Thank you, loriqvc! I found it on Amazon, and I happened to have gotten a gift card last week. I just ordered it, and it will be here Wednesday. I’ll give an update when it arrives.

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvc, Thank you!  I had not even Googled the lantern because HSN said it was exclusive!  Ha.  Lesson learned.

@MaryLamb, Very much looking forward to your opinion.  If it is all wood it will surely be a one of a kind.  I'm still thinking there are other materials involved in making it appear "wooden" but you'll be the first to find out and let us know how it looks, and also if Luminaras will fit inside the glass easily.  I do not need this.  I am mainly curious because it's different, ya know?

@corita and anyone else interested, Bed Bath and Beyond has both styles of Puleo wooden lanterns, and they will accept 20% off coupons for the one shown in this thread, but not for the square one.  $56.79 after coupon.

Super Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@doolie wrote:

JMO didn't see anything that caught my eye.   Looked for the lantern but couldn't find....hopefully they'll add more but their CIJ does not ever compare to what QVC has to offer but that's just me.

@doolie   Have you ever seen the Christmas decor that zulily offers?  A huge variety, beautiful items, where I have bought the majority of items in the last four years, different from Q's, so I shop both places.  HSN used to have some wonderful items, and after Christmas, half off or more, so I bought then, but havn't in years as nothing there appeals to me.

Thank you mousiegirl I will check out Zulily.  HSN does have some nice things but when it comes to anything that needs batteries I stay away from.

Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@corita and anyone else interested, Bed Bath and Beyond has both styles of Puleo wooden lanterns, and they will accept 20% off coupons for the one shown in this thread, but not for the square one.  $56.79 after coupon.

-----------------

@SHOPR 

Thanks for info...will check...

Esteemed Contributor

I've been watching HSN today off and on.  So far nothing has said 'buy me'.   For a big holiday sales day, I find their sets are minimally decorated!!  I have seen many items that are the same as QVC's offerings.

I love Gianno's candy, but one - I don't care for the tin and two - this offer has no candy with nuts!  

I do like their S/H offer today....a five dollar shipping and handling charge will cover everything bought on CIJ sale.  Listen up, QVC!!!

Honored Contributor

@corita wrote:

I've been watching HSN today off and on.  So far nothing has said 'buy me'.   For a big holiday sales day, I find their sets are minimally decorated!!  I have seen many items that are the same as QVC's offerings.

I love Gianno's candy, but one - I don't care for the tin and two - this offer has no candy with nuts!  

I do like their S/H offer today....a five dollar shipping and handling charge will cover everything bought on CIJ sale.  Listen up, QVC!!!

@corita   I don't like the fact that the tins are attached, would imagine people would want to give as gifts, individually, and I didn't like the flavors so much.  Have you tried Harry & David's truffles?

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@corita wrote:

@corita   I don't like the fact that the tins are attached, would imagine people would want to give as gifts, individually, and I didn't like the flavors so much.  Have you tried Harry & David's truffles?

------------------------

@mousiegirl 

I have been buying Giannos since they first started with HSN.  Yearly, I buy the huge, round tin and then split the candy up in separate gifts!!  Then I use the tins for storage!!

I thought this offer was stange. Did not like little

buildings tin; they looked cheap.  And am not sure why they limited the flavors!  Giannos has some really good candy flavors.  Love the chocolate covered marshmallows best.

I haven't tried the H&D truffles, but am sure they are good. But probably too expensive to buy a huge amount for smaller gift bags!!  May buy some just for the family though....thanks....

Frequent Contributor

I was less then impressed with what they had to offer. Especially the copy cat items.