Honored Contributor

HOW WAS VALERIE ABLE TO DO THIS, I CAN'T

Valerie Parr Hill

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HOW WAS VALERIE ABLE TO DO THIS, I CAN'T

@mousiegirl

We have discussed items displayed on air are many times is not what we are being sold.  Went to purchase this exact item and read that it did not fit these candle holders at all.  She also has some with leaves and crystals with the same problem.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@mousiegirl

We have discussed items displayed on air are many times is not what we are being sold.  Went to purchase this exact item and read that it did not fit these candle holders at all.  She also has some with leaves and crystals with the same problem.

@hopi  I bought these when was no feedback, and no dimensions in the item description, nor mention on air, and there should always be.  Lesson learned, will never buy rings again unless Valerie gives a proper demonstration in the representation of how she gets them to fit, and inner dimensions

Super Contributor

All you have to do is cut them.

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is purposely omitting dimensions and descriptions with many of their items.  It fools the buyer and 9 times out of 10 buyer doesn't want to bother with the return.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

I feel your pain!  I bought the TSV candlerings (earlier & A/D) well they certainly did not fit the upper rim of the pedestal (shown in your pic) and too big for bottom!!!

I cancelled the A/D and ended up "cutting" them to fit!  They are pretty & very full eventhough I had to cut.

Honored Contributor

If you look at the base width of the candle and then look at the "neck" of the holder, they are very different in size.  Even if the holder "splays" out at the top, the best you can do is to put the candle on top of the splayed out area of the holder and then try to secure it with some kind of glue or caulk, then drape the decorative piece around the bottom of the candle.  Describing exactly how they do this with the exact dimensions should be a no-brainer for them.... leaving it out is dishonest to the customer..... 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

My guess would be that for display, they are cutting the rings, readjusting the diameter and then wiring them back together. I actually received an "as is" candle ring set that had one of the rings either broken apart or cut in two. It was a set with a grapevine type of backing so I wasn't sure if it broke apart or if it had been deliberately cut or pulled apart. 

There seems to be many reviews lately of poorly sized candle rings. I'm really skittish at this point of ordering any of them. 

New Contributor

When Valerie was on last time, she showed candle rings that were too big for the top of the pedestal.  She said to turn the pedestal upside down and place the candle and ring on that way.  The bottom is a little bit bigger, so maybe you could see if that works.  The seasonal auto delivery rings worked better for me that way.

Honored Contributor

@Dogcrazy wrote:

When Valerie was on last time, she showed candle rings that were too big for the top of the pedestal.  She said to turn the pedestal upside down and place the candle and ring on that way.  The bottom is a little bit bigger, so maybe you could see if that works.  The seasonal auto delivery rings worked better for me that way.

Yes, I saw that too, she turns some of the holders upside down and they work that way. 

It's a tacky kind of hack, but you might be able to take some of the 'branches' and tape them inward onto the surface the candle is going to sit on, then balance the candle on them. Between the taping and the weight of the candle, it might hold them up. I'm sure there would be a lot of fussing to get it just right so the candle doesn't sit crooked, but might work. 

When I get rings too big for the pedestals, I use a pretty saucer (well, the dessert/salad plate actually) from some of my dish sets to hold the candle with the ring around it. I like that look, especially with a solid plate, like my Temp-tations Vintage Grace.