Honored Contributor

Oh, perfect, in the center of a wreath, @Spurt -- another great idea, thank you!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

I'm sure there are other owl fanciers here.  I've always found them irresistable.  As a kid, my parents gave me white alabaster owl bookends-- they had inscrutable yellow eyes.  Long gone, but one anniversary hubby gave me new Italian alabaster owls-- they're adorable, green and gold-- and I use them as bookends too.

Look at this Mackenzie-Childs "courtly check" owl, how cute!

35518-001_w.jpg

35518-001_1.jpg

He's way, way too pricey though.  I'm going to get a ceramic owl vase to replace my blue pottery owl that broke.  Have a few possibilities in mind.

Love owl vases in the fall, but all year round too.  Who (who-who-who-whoooo) here collects owls?

@Oznell   He IS cute.  Another owl person here, but I am basically an all critter person., lol.  I just bought this owl today, supposed to be a scary Halloween owl, lol, are you scared? Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl 

@Oznell 

@Spurt 

@skatting44 

@spiderw 

Loving the MC pieces, so beautiful!!

I actually LOVE mousiegirl's Halloween owl too, but than again I am a critter AND Halloween freak!

Just got this Jim Shore piece, it is absolutely gorgeous in RL:

71FiP5P4wVL._SX679_.jpg

Honored Contributor

I love all of the owls posted!  I am not an owl collector but do like them.  I bought my sister's dog an adorable owl collar several years ago.  She loved it.

The MC owl is very tempting.  I like the salt & pepper shakers, too.  I wish the salt & pepper shakers came in the parchment check or flower market as those are the two patterns I have in my kitchen.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Contributor

The entire design of this table is perfection! 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I don't collect owls, per se, but I do own two of Harry Potter's owl, Hedwig.

They spent a bit of time posing for me last year.

The M-C owl is amazing.  The eyes are particularly wonderful!

DSCN0461.JPG

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Trusted Contributor

@Oznell 

Recently, I bought the two sisal owls from Valerie and they are sitting in the livingroom on an end table. They look nice and I will probably leave them through Christmas and the winter.

in one of your posts, you posted pictures of a French country autumn on petite haus.com and introduced me to her blog.  She has a lot of McKenzie Childs. It's very pretty but too expensive for me.  Now, you're making me want an owl vase!

Honored Contributor

ChiliPepper !

The Jim Shore owl is so pretty!  He is a true artist and I have several of his pieces.  This owl is  another work of art , so creative and appealing.  What a great addition that would be for Harvest decorating!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Gang, you have made this one of my favorite decor threads ever--  I love reading the comments of everyone posting and the diverse, adorable owls you have put up!

Honored Contributor

@Oznell   Several years ago, I bought two dark amber owl vases about 12" tall for Fall arrangements, similar to this picture, but darker and taller.    They are usually on either end of the kitchen island, but this year, I have two of Valerie's vases there, and the owl vases on either end of the kitchen table, hope to post pictures soon.