Frequent Contributor

Has anyone else received their HOME sign from VPH yet? I received mine the other day and it went right back in mail same day. Quality was awful...painting bad but main thing was they were not stable to stand. Not solid resin, they are hollow. In fact the heart icon wouldn't even stand up, laid on side. It was weighted wrong. Too bad because it was cute but quality was no where near VPH items from the past. 

Esteemed Contributor

Have you tried Etsy for something similar?

I ordered a cute custom sign and was very pleased. Good quality, made here by someone who takes pride in their work.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@mardy The reviews are really bad.  And funny you should mention this because as I write this my hubby is making a base for mine to attach the letters too.  I'll have to remove one screw to change the seasonal "O" but it's better than having the letters fall over and hit you in the head or break on impact!   LAST time I purchase anything in Valerie's line........

Frequent Contributor

LindaSal, my husband tried to do that but they are hollow..NOT resin. Would have been better if they were wooden. And to be honest, we shouldn't have to make adjustments to make a product work, especially for the price. I will continue to watch VPH as I like her ideas for decorating but never again for the items. I will be looking at Etsy and amazon for in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

@mardy  I'm sorry to hear about the poor quality of the home sign. If this is where her line is going, I shudder to think about all her CIJ offerings. 

Esteemed Contributor

I almost bought that sign.  Thought it was a cute idea!  But then thought it was too big for the my specific area.  Glad I didn't buy!!

Trusted Contributor

I was initially interested in this item but as it was made from plastic I decided against purchasing.  Now I am seeing mixed reviews.  I enjoy many of VPH items.  Someone mentioned that a similar item, made from wood, less expensive and more icons in the set is available from The Lakeside Collection.  I searched it and there are also extras and additional choices that are available. 

Honored Contributor

I buy a ton of stuff from The Lakeside Collection on Amazon.

Also RAZ and Creative Co-Op.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@mardy 

Is this what you are talking about---???? 

7-Piece "Home" for Every Season Set by Valerie Parr Hill

There's another seasonal home sign H394012 by Glitzhome--100% MDF (medium density fiberboard--considered a level above plywood)

product thumbnail

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

I looked on Amazon, but all l saw were white or black Home changeable signs.  I really wanted a brown/wood looking sign!  Oh well, saved some money!!