Respected Contributor

Well another favorite weekend of mine is coming up,and I can't wait.I am off from both jobs thru Monday.My sister and hubbs have a gorgeous camper on the lake,so I plan on relaxing by the water with a mouth watering strawberry dacori(Forgive the spelling)

Honored Contributor

Re: HOLIDAY WEEKEND COMING UP

Enjoy 🍹

Honored Contributor

What is the Holiday? So many forget the reason.

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 Memorial day

Respected Contributor

have fun!

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Group 5 minus 1, War is such a horrible thing. All the lives cut so short. All the grieving families who are without their loved ones. It's so sad, & the least we (my family) can do is spend a little time honoring those who have sacrificed so much. We spend a couple of hours at a local cemetery attending a military observance on Memorial Day. The rest of the weekend we treat as a holiday to have fun. It sounds like she works so hard with two jobs. I won't judge others for how they spend their vacations & holidays. It's up to each of us to decide what we want to do.

Respected Contributor

@Sweet Kitties Anytime I get a long weekend,I enjoy to the fullest.Hope you do as well

Esteemed Contributor

My dad was in the military and passed away young.  He's been gone now for 42 years and I never missed a Memorial day to visit the cemetary until Covid hit and now I haven't gone since.   Mom is also buried there now but it's a ways from my home and getting more difficult to get there..........regardless I always say a prayer on this holiday and I purchase Wreaths Across America every Christmas season.

@Luvsmyfam I hope you have a lovely time on your weekend off Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

The first Decoration Day I remember: Dad was involved in ceremonies. Mon and I dressed somewhat alike in white. My Grandmother played the piano and all sang,"My Buddy".

Respected Contributor

MEMORIAL DAY  is coming up.  A Long weekend to enjoy.  Please Just take a few hours to Remember WHY there is a Holiday.  To Consider who we Owe for the ability to have that drink by the lake or the cookout with the neighbours.  Those who laid down their lives for our freedoms. 

Follow the rule of the Flag.  Half staff at sunrise.  A day They are gone but WE see.  Remember What they went through. WHY they died.  Decorate an Honored Gravesite or go to a memorial service. Or Take a walk , Read in Flanders Fields and reflect. 

Then, at Noon, Raise that Flag High in salute to what they WON for us.  Then go have fun,  Enjoy your Liberty.  I think it would make them glad to see.