Honored Contributor

Re: HOLD ME BACK MY FRIENDS. HOLD ME BACK!!!!

@PA Mom-mom wrote:

@Mominohio I know what you mean by the poor battery life. A friend bought me the very cute Luminara glass ornaments last year. They don't last very long, but they are so pretty! I happen to like the lanterns, but I immediately thought of the batteries.

@PA Mom-mom

They presented these last night so anyone who didn't see it, there should be a video up now. 

They did say they extended the battery life from 60 hours previously, to 100 hours now, but still that is a new battery every 20 days using the timer function. I will say, often the battery life stated on QVC isn't correct. I often get much longer than they say, so that might happen and be a good thing.

If I buy something like this, I want to use it for more than just the holiday season (which at my house is longer than the 20 days anyway), so I'm not too sure about these yet, simply based on the battery life. 

I hate to rain on the parade, but my initial thought when seeing them up close was they look a little 'cheap' as well. Perhaps because there isn't any embellishments to the metal, just clean straight lines, or it could be the colors, as I often buy the Luminara Lanterns in the bronze, gives more depth to the finish. I have some of their larger lanterns in the ivory and black, and I think the same thing about them when I put them next to a bronze one, the finish/color doesn't look as rich to me. I really don't know why they didn't bring this in bronze.

I have a lantern in this size range I picked up locally and put my own tea light in for much less money, it is shaped differently, but I'm thinking there are more choices in these mini lanterns elsewhere, for those in the thinking stages right now.

Honored Contributor

I love the idea of buying them regardless of battery issues and then donate an equal amount of Christmas thing!s you won't miss..,,,  ENJOY!!  Life is way too short not to enjoy what you want.... Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

I wish there was a video but none posted so far. And this is the Big Deal

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

@traveler

Both these and the big nutcracker/santa/snowman had nice long presentations last night, and yet no videos. Wonder what is up with that, other than they might be afraid they will have colors/options sell out before the big day. 

I really wish those of you who missed it could see the videos.

Honored Contributor

Now the videos are up for these lanterns and for the oversized characters. 

Took them long enough! LOL

Frequent Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@traveler wrote:

@traveler

Both these and the big nutcracker/santa/snowman had nice long presentations last night, and yet no videos. Wonder what is up with that, other than they might be afraid they will have colors/options sell out before the big day. 

I really wish those of you who missed it could see the videos.

@Mominohio

There are videos posted now!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I just watched the video for these.  I don't see the value but they are cute.

Janine has said that "they" come with TWO button batteries.  Now if that means two batteries in each tealight, I can see these getting a better battery life than the previous version.  I have Pacific Accents tealights which take two button batteries each, and they last probably a month.  They do not have moving flame technology, though.  If Janine meant a total of TWO for the set of two tealights, then no,  I don't think people will be pleased with the actual, even if slightly improved, battery life.  In the older version, reviewers were getting waaay less than the stated 60 hours.  FWIW.