Respected Contributor

Re: HELP-I need Christmas Ideas for a 11 year old boy!

Chiming in again. Two other thoughts:

~ go with the adage of something they want, something to wear, something they need, something to read

~ that age is a great time to start discovering talents and skills (ie art set, instrument, etc)

Respected Contributor

LegoRe: HELP-I need Christmas Ideas for a 11 year old boy!

Legos, videos, Super hero stuff.  Some neat board games are fun for game night.

My grandkids always like pjs and slippers.  I purchased a Cozy for 11 year old granddaughter.  Grandson is 6 and he is big into super heroes.  

When I was a kid for years my brothers got models to build and paint from me.  Went to the dime store and purchased.  What wonderful memories.  

Honored Contributor

@buyornot   YOU make the list if he is unable to.  Ask him "everything" he wants for Christmas, YOU write it down, pick out what you want to get him.    As for that "special" gift.............

PLAY STATION 5

proxy-image.jpgComes out next month.  **Starting** price $500.

Problem solved

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

i highly recommend this book if he is a reader, adventurer, and loves to learn....

the dangerous book for boys.jpg

i have given this to a number of boys and given the girls version also.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Nerf guns. I have an 11 year old grandson and he has so many Nerf guns it is crazy, but he plays with all of them. Wants more.

Someone else mentioned the new Technic Lego's that stay together and actually move, depending on what you buy. I got a race car that once put together you can pull it back and let it go and it really goes fast on a hardwood or tile floor.

If he has an Xbox, the green gift cards that you can buy in different denominations so they can buy more add-ons in all their games. Like in Minecraft you can buy food, household stuff, more ammo, get coins to use. It is hard to explain but kids love those cards. They can even buy a new game if the denomination is $20-30 and they can download it. If he doesn't have an Xbox, then this is a moot suggestion.

Remote control cars are always a hit for an 11 year old.

Frequent Contributor

I've been asking my young nieces and nephew to pick something out on amazon and their parents send me the link. It's worked well.

When I was young, I just wanted money or gift cards. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

@buyornot wrote:

I'm good with ideas for his younger brothers, but having a hard time him. He's not good making a list and his parents are no help-in fairness, they are awfully busy between home instruction and trying to keep their jobs.  This kid has special circumstances and deserves some great gifts!!  Thanks.

@buyornot  You mentioned special circumstances so I was wondering if their were certain restrictions. It also sounds like you want "special" 11 is a great age for remote controlled cars, of course Lego, Tectronics, video games the list goes on but without knowing what type of kid he is it' hard. 

Honored Contributor

At that age, we got our sons and grand sons model sets (with Testers Paint, save newspaper, and paint by number sets, teliscopes, and small drones.

Esteemed Contributor

We did get our grandson a telescope a while back, together with an easy book about stargazing, and it was a hit.  As just mentioned by another poster.

I personally would talk to the child and ASK.  They know what they want.  If you need ideas, check out Amazon for listings of stuff appropriate for him to prod if you need to.  I like to give one large present and then a few little fillers. 

We have a grandson and grandaughter, who enjoy post-Christmas birthdays one in early January, the second in early

February.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@buyornot  Target has some decent drones that don't break right away. Also, a Go Pro is always good, either in conjunction with a drone or just on it's own.