Esteemed Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@corita wrote:

@SHOPR wrote:

I've been waiting for this TSV, even though taste-wise I like Waggoner's from Evine best, followed by Giannios from HSN second.  I was hoping for really different tins this year for gifts, and the nutcrackers were not what I had in mind.  

I ended up ordering Giannios set of small round tins and a box of their dark chocolate marshmallows, with a $10 off unique code and free shipping yesterday.

-------------------

And my candy likes are opposite...Giannos first, then Waggoners.  I like the quality  of the Giannos chocolate best, but I do like Waggoners creme filled, especially the key lime.  But my very favorite is the Giannos marshmallow!! 

I usually buy the Giannos assortment in the big 5 lbs tin and then split the candy up into ten-fifteen packets!

@corita, My mom loves the dark chocolate marshmallows, too, and since she never mentioned liking one brand over the other, I was happy to get the Giannios for her this year.  For some reason, Waggoner's has not offered them separately so far this year.

As for the assortments, I try a couple of each flavor and then gift the rest.  The first year I ever ordered chocolates I bought the Harry London tall nutcracker tins, and nobody ever said a word about the taste, good or bad, and I found it very ordinary, with no one flavor being memorable. 

The next year I bought a big Giannios tin and divided it.  I remember liking it a lot better than HL and people said how they liked it. 

Then the next year I tried a giant box of Waggoner's, and I liked it even better, and it seemed to be well liked by the recipients.  Now last year I only got Waggoner's sea salt caramels and marshmallows, and when tasting them myself, I wasn't as wowed by the chocolate or even the marshmallow inside as I had been the year before, but the recipients seemed happy.  

So this year I was willing to buy from any of the 3 companies, depending on which best suited my gifting needs.  I would've been happy to give any one of them another chance to wow me.  

I can't wait to taste the Giannios since it has been a while.  

---------------

I hope you like the G's again!  I do think the quality of their chocolate is the best of the three!!  But candy preference is so personal.  I can't stand peanut butter and chocolate nor coconut and chocolate!!!

Respected Contributor

I am disappointed too in the smaller tins and the amount of candy.   I have been collecting Harry London tins since they first came to the Q.  My favorites are the tin houses with the pet shop.   I also love the buckeyes, not the chocolate covered pretzels. 

These short tins are placed on stand to make them look taller.  What I loved about the big ones is that a wine bottle could fit inside.  It made a fantastic presentation.

BTW-Costco has the tall nutcrackers for about $8 each.  There is an assortment, but each one is separately wrapped and priced.

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet