Esteemed Contributor

H224551 Christmas tree collar

I love this item,   Love the whole line ,   inspire Me .   Just not sure if it is too high for the branches on any of my trees not very familiar with a tree collar.   Wouldn't want it to push up the branches which would look silly.    I certainly dont want to go through the bother of lugging a tree up the stairs , taking out if nic etc. to see ,   Not putting it up yet.   .   Anyone dose have a tree collar are they pretty much a standard size in height?   This one stated 9 1/2 " high and 27" in diameter.  😺

Trusted Contributor

Re: H224551 Christmas tree collar

I happened to notice some metallic metal ones at Walmart and Big Lots.  They were nice and half the price of this one.  I've never used one, but I am considering one.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore  This is the first year that I have seen them, but most are very expensive with high shipping costs,  

@DecorDiva  Thanks for the tip about Walmart; I might check them out.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore   I just googled "tree collar" and found a lot.  Many of them are much less expensive than this.  Even Pottery Barn isn't much higher than QVC at $69.00.  They had a couple of different ones.  You could look at several and compare the sizes.

I like them!

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

This is really pretty. I may have to pick up a couple. Last year I used Val's and I loved them. My branches are up higher you will need to look at yours.

2019-12-12_16-32-18-0600 2.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@Kitty Galore   I just googled "tree collar" and found a lot.  Many of them are much less expensive than this.  Even Pottery Barn isn't much higher than QVC at $69.00.  They had a couple of different ones.  You could look at several and compare the sizes.

I like them!

@NickNack I will have to check them out ,  if I can find one similar fir less I will give it a try .  If not I think I will try this one as I like the piercing detail .     I feel the collar will give it a cleaner less messy look .

Esteemed Contributor

@MG Chris wrote:

This is really pretty. I may have to pick up a couple. Last year I used Val's and I loved them. My branches are up higher you will need to look at yours.

@MG Chris wrote:

@MG Chris   So pretty,  love the side by side trees !

Trusted Contributor

Thank you! That was my hubby's idea and at first I thought he was nuts🤣

Trusted Contributor

We bought our first tree collar last Christmas.  We had just purchased two trees from Balsam Hill and saw that they had these beautiful red metallic tree collars for sale as well.  I REALLY wanted to try one since we had just gotten a puppy and our tree skirt had beading and gems all over it.  Not a good combination!  The price at Balsam Hill was well over $200, which was crazy to me.  I found the same exact one on Amazon for $89 with free shipping. 

I absolutely LOVE IT!  Not only did it save us from our puppy ruining our tree skirt, but it saved a lot of room on the floor.  The collar is compact, which means there is much more floor space as compared to a skirt. 

I'm contemplating on getting another one for our second tree this year.  And, we have another puppy running around the house... Smiley LOL

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MG Chris  Your Christmas decor is really lovely! So symmetrical and soothing ... and your brick fireplace is fabulous.