Honored Contributor

H219550 Set of 3 Mini Beaded Fruit Rings by Valerie

[ Edited ]

Does anyone have these, or are they new this year? Just wondering, they caught my eye as I was scanning through VPH's offerings. I hadn't seen them before. Thinking of putting them (at least one inside my rectangular lantern. 

Edited to add that, for whatever reason, I could not put a picture here of them. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Re: H219550 Set of 3 Mini Beaded Fruit Rings by Valerie

@Snicks1 

I have these, and the bigger 'regular' size rings. She had these out several years ago. 

The ones I got were so well made, and such rich colors. I watched the presentation online for these, and the newer ones look like maybe there is a slight color difference in the new ones (less deep and rich) or it could just be the lighting. 

If you like the size and colors, I can say give them a shot, as I'm still as in love with mine as when I got them a couple of years ago. I like them because they work well at Christmas with the whole beaded fruit thing, but are great all winter too, so less to put away after Christmas! They really are versatile enough to use all year. I wish she would bring back the bigger ones, and do picks, a wreath, and even a garland in these.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, I am considering them, I don't "need" them, but.......
"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

I have something simlar in two different color choices that I bought from VPH in the past when she was offering a lot of beaded fruit items.  I use mine as napkin rings, mini wreaths on the tree, around the chandelier lights and as taper candle rings.  I looked to see if I could find some pictures where I had used them, but was unsuccessful.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would've purchased multiples of these rings in a heartbeat if they weren't frosted. I'm tired of all the glitter and flocking and other "decorative elements" that make such a mess and often end up looking so tacky. Fortunately, I was able to get similar rings at Michael's last year that were in the plain, rich colors I wanted at a fraction of the price, so I'm not too heartbroken.

Honored Contributor

@Snicks1 wrote:

Does anyone have these, or are they new this year? Just wondering, they caught my eye as I was scanning through VPH's offerings. I hadn't seen them before. Thinking of putting them (at least one inside my rectangular lantern. 

Edited to add that, for whatever reason, I could not put a picture here of them. 

@Snicks1   I have the mini and was surprised to see them back.  I use them in Fall.

Honored Contributor

@loriqvc wrote:

I would've purchased multiples of these rings in a heartbeat if they weren't frosted. I'm tired of all the glitter and flocking and other "decorative elements" that make such a mess and often end up looking so tacky. Fortunately, I was able to get similar rings at Michael's last year that were in the plain, rich colors I wanted at a fraction of the price, so I'm not too heartbroken.

@loriqvc   These aren't frosted, just beaded.  If the description says frosted, there isn't an actual coating of anything.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @mousiegirl. The beading gives the berries a frosted/muted effect, which is not something I'm looking for. I like the brighter, deeper color of the berries on their own.