Trusted Contributor

H218194 VPH Kaleidescope Tree

"As Is" price too good to be true.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: H218194 VPH Kaleidescope Tree

Yes, it's a great price as long as you get a great tree. Sadly, I recently ordered an icy blue one at the "as is" price and it arrived with the switch and plug area on the bottom pushed up into the tree so they couldn't be accessed, and the adapter arrived in three pieces. It was actually the most defective order I've ever received from QVC.

Hopefully others will have better luck; I did order an "as is" green tree late last year and it was just fine. (I also own three other green trees purchased at the regular price, so it was easy to compare everything.)

Esteemed Contributor

@loriqvcI hope that's not the one I returned. I ordered the icy blue and the second time I went to plug it into the tree the whole switch and plug went into the tree. I wrote "defective" in big letters on a large piece of paper and wrapped it around the tree with tape when I promptly returned it. The switches are obviously not properly glued in place. 

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

That $10 price tag is so good that I had to reread the item description to see if it was a blowout price. Happy to see it's returnable as it's a gamble purchasing these trees. They must really want these out of the warehouse to mark down that steeply. 

Crossing my fingers that the three as is trees that I ordered will be in good shape. I've previously ordered two of them, the one I ordered last last year was perfect, but the first one I ordered this year had a broken wheel. That one went back as defective and I reordered one that was good as new. Hopefully, these will be problem free. 🤞

Esteemed Contributor

@pattypeep - I had seen people complain about this issue in the forums last year, but apparently I was lucky because I bought four trees with no major issues. I made sure to write DEFECTIVE in big red letters on the box when I sent this tree back; hopefully that will prevent further circulation since it's a somewhat customized box.

Trusted Contributor

I ordered this tree at the $10.00 free shipping price. I was very skeptical but decided for $10.00, if it the lighting was defective, I'd figure out someway to use it anyway! I received it yesterday and dreaded opening it! It was perfect! I attached the plug in the tree plugged it in to an outlet and just WOW! I wished I'd ordered several at that price! I can see them scattered throughout my house at Christmas!