Super Contributor

H217299 Lori Grenier Illuminated lantern

[ Edited ]

I took a chance and ordered the Lori Grenier Lantern  H217299 - I ordered the cardinal.  They do appear so pretty but the reviews are pretty lousy about the quality.  Anyone have a comment on these lanterns?  Sometimes I think the reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt, I've had great experience with negative reviewed products, clothing mostly, and these looked so cute -  especially the cardinal.    It's not pricey,  I just hope it works good  well.  

Honored Contributor

Re: H215623 Lori Grenier Illuminated lantern

That item is coming up as a VPH mercury glass lantern.  Confused here.

Contributor

Try h217299

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LillyBee2   I think you mean H217299.  You can edit your post and change the item # in the title and post.   Just click on the three dots at the top right of your post and click edit.

The lantern is very pretty and I hope it works out well for you.  Two of the negative posts on the first page did not actually purchase or own the lantern.  @Krimpette I'm tagging you, too, with the correct item #.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Valued Contributor

@LillyBee2 wrote:

I took a chance and ordered the Lori Grenier Lantern  H215623 - I ordered the cardinal.  They do appear so pretty but the reviews are pretty lousy about the quality.  Anyone have a comment on these lanterns?  Sometimes I think the reviews need to be taken with a grain of salt, I've had great experience with negative reviewed products, clothing mostly, and these looked so cute -  especially the cardinal.    It's not pricey,  I just hope it works good  well.  

Lillybee2 you and I are thinking alike.I brought the Lori Grenier  Cardinal Lantern for my daughter who has been seeing lots of cardinals since her grandmother passed. Told her she was getting an early Christmas gift and to open it when it arrives .Think the Cardinals lantern looked beautiful and could be left out all year.

It was ordered on Saturday and see that it has been shipped out and should arrive Tuesday fast work shipping department.

After placing order I also went on and saw there were  reviews and saw many negative reviews mostly from last year,was kind of upset but have till January 31 2020 to see if it lives up to what Lori is saying.Hopefully they saw the faults and improved them fingers are crossed that we will be happy shoppers along with everyone else that brought these beautiful lanterns.

Honored Contributor

I own two.  Used them all last season and never had a problem.  I'm hoping when I take them out this season they will be OK.

Super Contributor

Re: H217299 Lori Grenier Illuminated lantern

@NickNack   Thanks for letting me know, that was kind.  Obviously, I picked the wrong code as I was looking at similar lanterns to compare.   FIngers crossed, can't wait to receive.  

Super Contributor

@Mimi NY  I think I will leave mine out most of the year also, cardinals are special, thanks for thoughtful post.    

Trusted Contributor

I have the snowman and just totally love it.  It's so beautiful!