Respected Contributor

H215595 Kaleidoscope Tree Price Change

Just an FYI to anyone who may be considering the purchase of H215595 Valerie Kaleidoscope Tree, the current price of $32.96 expires today (8/24) at 7:59pm EDT.
Respected Contributor

Re: H215595 Kaleidoscope Tree Price Change

@Kindaglitzy Thanks! I have been mulling over getting another one. 

Honored Contributor

Beware.

Sometimes a 'featured price' then goes up to the QVC price, but sometimes it doesn't. It actually goes down or it does go to the QVC price for a short time then falls down. 

I've noticed that they often have things available after a TSV for less than it was on TSV day, and sometimes just in a couple of months. They play games with the shipping and price and the bottom line is that sometimes the price to get it to your door is less than it was on TSV day when they get done taking price up, then down, then shipping down or free. 

I think a lot depends on how many they have. I swear they buy some of this stuff in the hundreds of thousands, then after a time, they need to unload them. 

They play with the numbers and get rid of them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

Beware.

Sometimes a 'featured price' then goes up to the QVC price, but sometimes it doesn't. It actually goes down or it does go to the QVC price for a short time then falls down. 

I've noticed that they often have things available after a TSV for less than it was on TSV day, and sometimes just in a couple of months. They play games with the shipping and price and the bottom line is that sometimes the price to get it to your door is less than it was on TSV day when they get done taking price up, then down, then shipping down or free. 

I think a lot depends on how many they have. I swear they buy some of this stuff in the hundreds of thousands, then after a time, they need to unload them. 

For what it's worth, I bought two of these trees at the TSV price, then another two a few days later for just $1.50 more apiece, and they are now just $1.50 more than that increased price. Although the numbers do add up, especially if you buy multiples, it is always interesting to me that the TSV is seldom a huge savings from the everyday price. I could just be suffering from wishful thinking, but my brain tells me that the TSV used to be a true value up until a few years back but rarely is anymore.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@loriqvc wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

Beware.

For what it's worth, I bought two of these trees at the TSV price, then another two a few days later for just $1.50 more apiece, and they are now just $1.50 more than that increased price. Although the numbers do add up, especially if you buy multiples, it is always interesting to me that the TSV is seldom a huge savings from the everyday price. I could just be suffering from wishful thinking, but my brain tells me that the TSV used to be a true value up until a few years back but rarely is anymore.

@loriqvc @Mominohio

I am tired of QVC "sales" and "featured price" and the savings is a minscule $3 or $4 off the QVC price!......WHOOPEE!!!  I can go to other places and get a REAL SALE!!! Woman Frustrated  COME ON QVC!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

They dropped the price for today! The ominous price change note on the website was very tricky. Instead of going up, it dropped. Irritating for those who fell for it and bought on the 24th! I would call CS and request the sale price.

Honored Contributor

@SunValley wrote:

They dropped the price for today! The ominous price change note on the website was very tricky. Instead of going up, it dropped. Irritating for those who fell for it and bought on the 24th! I would call CS and request the sale price.

@SunValley, The TSV price was $29.96 , so lower than today's price of $31.46. The shippimg/handling is the same price both days. 

Respected Contributor

@Tissyanne wrote:

@SunValley wrote:

@SunValley, The TSV price was $29.96 , so lower than today's price of $31.46. The shippimg/handling is the same price both days. 

I should have clarified in my original post I was referring to August 24 (yesterday) and the note posted said that the current price was ending that day. Usually that means the price is going up, not down. It’s about $1.50 cheaper today than yesterday. If I bought at the higher price yesterday and it hasn’t shipped, I would call CS for a price adjustment.

@Tissyanne

Respected Contributor

Ordered one yesterday (24th) think price would increase. Was able to cancel this morning and reorder $1.50 less which also means my tax was slightly lower. After all $1.50 is $1.50.