Super Contributor

H214946 Set of 3 Illuminated Wax Luminaries with Timers by Valerie

H214946: I received  them late yesterday.. My first question is; has anyone had problems placing the batteries inside???.. I struggled to place the batteries in on one of them.. The second one I couldn't even get them in.. Didn't even try the third one.. It's almost like the battery compartment is slightly off for easy placement of batteries.. I going to have my husband try later to see if he can get them in..

Second question; has anyone had the glitter come off just by touching it??.. 

I also got the set of beaded acorns; I'll talk about that later.. Urrrrr

I also got the crackled set of 3 lighted spheres; just beautiful!!.. 

Respected Contributor

Re: H214946 Set of 3 Illuminated Wax Luminaries with Timers by Valerie

Super Contributor

@HisElk1 wrote:

@classic, I found a thread that @Julie928 wrote:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/Another-Review-Yep-Valerie-Item-ARGHHH/m-p/4853774#M48454

Hope this helps.

@HisElk1 :  Thank you so very much for bringing it to my attention.. I really appreciate it. 8 saw that thread but didn't read all of it.. I guess I was annoyed to see if anyone else wrote anything..

ON another note, I also returned the 30 piece acorn set.. Half of the beading was all off the acorns.. My hands got very sticky from the glue while I was looking to see if there were any good ones.. 

I love Valerie; but this year she missed the mark on quite a few of her items.. I truly wish they would make products here in the good ole USA.. I'd pay the extra money..

Thanks again !! Have a great evening

Respected Contributor

@classic wrote:

ON another note, I also returned the 30 piece acorn set.. Half of the beading was all off the acorns.. My hands got very sticky from the glue while I was looking to see if there were any good ones.. 

I love Valerie; but this year she missed the mark on quite a few of her items.. I truly wish they would make products here in the good ole USA.. I'd pay the extra money..

That's too bad about the acorns. I got them last year and did not have this problem. I was thinking about ordering another set but may change my mind.

Super Contributor

@froggy: I hate to say this,  but, I wouldn't order them.. Also there was such a bad odor when I opened the clear box.. Cheap China glue..

Regular Contributor

@classic wrote:

H214946: I received  them late yesterday.. My first question is; has anyone had problems placing the batteries inside???.. I struggled to place the batteries in on one of them.. The second one I couldn't even get them in.. Didn't even try the third one.. It's almost like the battery compartment is slightly off for easy placement of batteries.. I going to have my husband try later to see if he can get them in..

Second question; has anyone had the glitter come off just by touching it??.. 

I also got the set of beaded acorns; I'll talk about that later.. Urrrrr

I also got the crackled set of 3 lighted spheres; just beautiful!!.. 

@classic

I received the acorns and the pumpkins today, I had the same problem you had with both, the batteries were so hard to put in I gave up on one of the pumpkins. I really pushed hard. I also had an issue with the beading just falling off. They are going back as defective. 

I've had so many items this July and August that have been defective. It's so disappointing to have to pack them back up and take them to the post office.

Respected Contributor

@classic wrote:

@HisElk1 wrote:

@classic, I found a thread that @Julie928 wrote:

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Holiday/Another-Review-Yep-Valerie-Item-ARGHHH/m-p/4853774#M48454

Hope this helps.

@HisElk1 :  Thank you so very much for bringing it to my attention.. I really appreciate it. 8 saw that thread but didn't read all of it.. I guess I was annoyed to see if anyone else wrote anything..

Thanks again !! Have a great evening

@classic, you're very welcome.  I, too love some of her things; last year I ordered a lot of things she had and did not return one item.  This past order was terrible.  I ended up keeping 2 out of the 4 things I purchased as they were defective.

Super Contributor

@HisElk1: I returned 5 items.. This year something is really off with her products..

Also, today I received 2 of the Illuminated Nativity Scene musical lantern from HSN ( I rarely, very rarely order from them ); one was leaking water all over my hands, box, and when I opened up the second box, it was just starting to leak a little.. I was able to get the batteries in to see if it worked; yes, it worked but the musical part did not work when you placed it down.. It only worked when you held it up in the air.. Of course, the little drip started to get worse; I knew I was going to send both of them back; I just wanted to try it.. On top of both being defective; there was such an awful odor.. Cheap China junk we are all getting..

Super Contributor

@laj3169: Me too; I dreaded going to the post office today.. I wasted so much time packing up 5 of Valerie's items; and dealing with all the styrofoam all over the place..

I'm going to send Valerie a private message regarding all the issues with her products & tell her she should look into getting different manufacturers; maybe having her products made here in the good ole USA..

Respected Contributor

@classic wrote:

@laj3169: Me too; I dreaded going to the post office today.. I wasted so much time packing up 5 of Valerie's items; and dealing with all the styrofoam all over the place..

I'm going to send Valerie a private message regarding all the issues with her products & tell her she should look into getting different manufacturers; maybe having her products made here in the good ole USA..

@classic, I posted the problems I had with the 2 wreaths advertised on her facebook page.  I purchased them because they were supposed to be 4" and would fit over the 3 glass hurricanes I bought in russett.  Mine measured 3 3/4" and with a grapevine wreath they were attached to, there was no flexibility.  

Her answer to me was that they were flexible and when I posted they were not, she never answered me.  There was someone else that posted about the carved pumpkins on her page, but I didn't see her answer.  Good luck with sending your message.  From now on I'm going to be very very careful in ordering from her and have to LOVE the product in order to purchase.  

Sorry to hear about your HSN purchase being defective.  It does get tiresome.