Honored Contributor

Re: H212539 S/6 Faceted Teardrop Jewel Picks by Valerie

@Marsha2003 wrote:

Received these today.  I don't have access to my green garland right now, but I thought I would show them with the back side of a green wreath.  I think on the mirrored side, these will lose a lot of their shine because they pick up the dark color of the wreath.  However, on the clear side, they reflect more light even though they still pick up the color of anyting right in front or above them.  In the top left picture, you can see two jewels with the clear side forward and one jewel with the mirrored side forward.  If anybody else has a picture of these being used with greenery or dark colors, please post!

IMG_1593.JPG

@Marsha2003  I received mine today, and am not thrilled with them as they are so skimpy, so don't know if I will keep them, but I might be able to use them, have to think about how.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl It's hard to tell if these are usable with being able to actually work with my holiday greenery.  Thank goodness we have until after Christmas to return them.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@mousiegirl It's hard to tell if these are usable with being able to actually work with my holiday greenery.  Thank goodness we have until after Christmas to return them.

@Marsha2003  I am going to call customer service tomorrow because when I called several weeks ago, I was told that nothing in August was returnable until January of next year, and that that poilcy would begin on September 25, CIJ items are returnable by the end of January, but I am not believing this because Valerie just had a show, and all Christmas items should be returnable from CIJ onward, so I will post the answer I receive.

Respected Contributor

@mousiegirl wrote:

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Marsha2003  I am going to call customer service tomorrow because when I called several weeks ago, I was told that nothing in August was returnable until January of next year, and that that poilcy would begin on September 25, CIJ items are returnable by the end of January, but I am not believing this because Valerie just had a show, and all Christmas items should be returnable from CIJ onward, so I will post the answer I receive.

@mousiegirl I had no idea.  Thank you in advance for your research.  I agree that any of the holiday decorations should be returnable through January.  Otherwise, why would we risk buying them so early?

Esteemed Contributor

@Marsha2003, Thank you for the very clear closeup photos.

My tree is a cashmere type, so it isn't really all that dark of a green coloring near the tips.  I hope that if I get a set as is and decide to use them in the tree, that they will catch some of the ornament colors along with the lights.  They look so pretty in your pics.  Love the shape. 

@mousiegirl, As for the return policy question, I'm almost positive, but would appreciate confirmation from others, that when QVC aired their Countdown to Christmas episodes for the month of August, around the 25th I believe, they also had some sale prices online.  I believe that any of the special sale priced items online, along with anything that was presented on air that day, qualifies for the extended return policy.  I'm sure I heard a host state this during one of that day's shows. 

In other words, after CIJ month ends, everything goes back to the 30 day return policy, except for during the special events that occur, such as CIA/Countdown to Christmas/whatever they call it,. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@Marsha2003, Thank you for the very clear closeup photos.

My tree is a cashmere type, so it isn't really all that dark of a green coloring near the tips.  I hope that if I get a set as is and decide to use them in the tree, that they will catch some of the ornament colors along with the lights.  They look so pretty in your pics.  Love the shape. 

@mousiegirl, As for the return policy question, I'm almost positive, but would appreciate confirmation from others, that when QVC aired their Countdown to Christmas episodes for the month of August, around the 25th I believe, they also had some sale prices online.  I believe that any of the special sale priced items online, along with anything that was presented on air that day, qualifies for the extended return policy.  I'm sure I heard a host state this during one of that day's shows. 

In other words, after CIJ month ends, everything goes back to the 30 day return policy, except for during the special events that occur, such as CIA/Countdown to Christmas/whatever they call it,. 

@SHOPR  Yes, that is what I was told except that I was told September 25.  So any items in Valerie's August 8 shows are on the 30-day policy?  I don't think this is fair since they are Christmas decor items.

Esteemed Contributor

@mousiegirl, Was August 8 a Christmas Valerie show or a fall show?  This proves how quickly I forget some things. :-( 

I was specifically thinking of the last Christmas shows we had featuring Valerie, somewhere near August 25, right? 

I would assume if Valerie had a Christmas show on 8/8 that the same should apply, but I would want QVC confirmation or I wouldn't feel safe keeping things to return until January. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl, The date of September 25 that you were given means that their extended return policy goes into effect then and you're safe for whatever you buy from that day onward.  It's just the month of August through September 25 that is so confusing to everyone.  They should put this all in writing somewhere, in detail. 

Honored Contributor

@SHOPR wrote:

@mousiegirl, The date of September 25 that you were given means that their extended return policy goes into effect then and you're safe for whatever you buy from that day onward.  It's just the month of August through September 25 that is so confusing to everyone.  They should put this all in writing somewhere, in detail. 

@SHOPR  Yes, this is what I was told, but it doesn't make sense that Valerie's Christmas shows are not included.  I think it used to be from CIJ on.

Honored Contributor

@Marsha2003 wrote:

@Marsha2003  Another poster verified that what I was told is true, anything bought in August is on the 30-day policy, so we will have to decide within that period if we will keep them.