Frequent Contributor

H211887 S/3 Illuminated Mercury Glass Candle Holder Pedestals by Valerie

H211887
S/3 Illuminated Mercury Glass Candle Holder Pedestals by Valerie

These are a big disappointment for me,

I thought I really wanted this set of 3 pedestals, but they are not pretty to me.  Each time I saw them presented, they look to be so beautiful.  I watched several presentations, and I don’t understand how this can so different at home.

Ordered 2 Gold sets and 2 Silver sets.

1.  I saw was too much black splatter that is used in an attempt to make these look like mercury glass.

There is not much gold color or silver color in my opinion.

2.  When the lights inside are on, it is so obvious that mechanism takes away from any beauty of the pedestals.

3.  They are chunky, which absolutely looks ugly to me and did not look chunky on television.

If anyone has these and enjoys them, I’m happy for you and wish you the best.

Respected Contributor

Re: H211887 S/3 Illuminated Mercury Glass Candle Holder Pedestals by Valerie

@PattyShell  I agree that it is disappointing to see something presented and then get it home and it not look the same. I purchased this set "as is" in red and was not happy with how delicate they were.  While taking out the box the base of the pedestal cracked and when I looked closer the glass was really thin. 

I did not send them back and decided to use with the cracked part hidden and because of that I did not go back for additional holders. I am so glad I did not pay full price for them!

Respected Contributor

I ordered the gold and have to say I wasn't wowed either.  I did keep them and display them on the mantle with my fall decor and Candle Impressions flameless candles.  They are rather dull.  Maybe another color would have shown up better than the gold.

Frequent Contributor

@GAQShopr53  I would have preferred mine to be a bit more delicate, but weighty of course for stability.  Also, want them to hold 3 1/2 inch Luminara candles.

Are yours pedestals item number H211887 ?

Here are 2 pictures of 2 similar pedestals:

H211887

60609802-E471-40C2-933D-C906742451B0.jpeg

Or

H205247

Set of 3 Illuminated Mercury Glass Pedestals by Valerie

178CC867-294C-4732-A33B-A84CE1F3F1DA.jpeg

Honored Contributor

I have both sets in the post above.  The first photo, I have in gold.  I like them.  I see no difference in them than the shorter mercury glass pedestals that come in a pair.  I don't use mine with batteries, but know most of Valerie s pedestals in mercury glass show the guts.

I had the second pair in silver.  Did not care for them.  The base was not proportioned with the rest of the pedestal.  Should have returned, but I assume they got a good home after they went to good will.  I had that set in the first version of that style in chocolate.  Loved them, but yes they are thin.  I dropped the tallest and it shattered.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PattyShell wrote:

H211887

These are a big disappointment for me,

I thought I really wanted this set of 3 pedestals, but they are not pretty to me.  Each time I saw them presented, they look to be so beautiful.  I watched several presentations, and I don’t understand how this can so different at home.

Ordered 2 Gold sets and 2 Silver sets.

1.  I saw was too much black splatter that is used in an attempt to make these look like mercury glass.

There is not much gold color or silver color in my opinion.

2.  When the lights inside are on, it is so obvious that mechanism takes away from any beauty of the pedestals.

3.  They are chunky, which absolutely looks ugly to me and did not look chunky on television.

If anyone has these and enjoys them, I’m happy for you and wish you the best.

@PattyShell  These are the pedestals you shoud buy, they are truly beautiful, lit or unlit, I don't light them, and have had them for around four years, whenever Valerie first brought them, in silver, chocolate, gold, and red, and now am considering them in green and another color.  

H205247
Set of 3 Illuminated Mercury Glass Pedestals by Valerie
Frequent Contributor

🤔 Several sets can be pricey.  So, off & on all day I have watched videos that QVC puts on YouTube because there are more videos with different lighting from the various QVC shows.

Truly, I believe I just do not like mercury glass.  Although I don’t like to shop, it looks like I’m going to have to go through stores for gold and silver sets of pedestals that hopefully will be a good metal with  a durable finish.  I have some like what I’m describing, but they are for candlesticks only, and my 3 1/2 inch diameter Luminara & 3 1/2 diameter Bethlehem Lights Flameless candles would not work.

Over the top of my china cabinet and armoire is where several will go in holiday scenes.

Respected Contributor

@PattyShell I have H211887...they were nice but fragile especially the base.