Honored Contributor

How different are these from the finials last year, the acrylic, aside from the fact that these are sequined throughout, I think.

Honored Contributor

Curiosity got the better of me, so I pulled one out.  It looks exactly like the picture to me.  I don't see any new features is the description.  I am pretty sure there are new colors though.  I don't remember Brown or blue.

I got mine in the as is section last fall.  They are okay.  They are too tall for where I put them.  I was going to give them to my sister.

Honored Contributor

They do this a lot when they simply add new colors, or change something as simple as the number of hours the timer is on.

I think it is just the color change, in this instance (actually adding new colors).

@mousiegirl

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

Curiosity got the better of me, so I pulled one out.  It looks exactly like the picture to me.  I don't see any new features is the description.  I am pretty sure there are new colors though.  I don't remember Brown or blue.

I got mine in the as is section last fall.  They are okay.  They are too tall for where I put them.  I was going to give them to my sister.

@GCR18  Thank you so much.  I bought the frost last year, but I don't remember that they were described as sequined last year.  I am going to track mine down in my account and look at them again.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl

Actually, they are in the as is section now.  I have the champagne.

Trusted Contributor

I think the chocolate are beautiful.  If you have a reading room, library, or very stately  style of decor in general, I think they'd look amazing in that setting.  They would look great on a shelf with old books.

Honored Contributor

Re: H208691 NEW FINIALS

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl I have 8 sets from last year and these look like the same ones...only change is the additional 2 new colors...chocolate and soft blue Smiley Happy

Editing to add:  @mousiegirl -  @RazorSharp mentioned that there is also the difference in the finials this year about the light being steady and not pulsating like last years finials. I wasn't able to tell by just the description details before they posted a new video/having a new presentation on them...sorry Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

@mousiegirl I have 8 sets from last year and these look like the same ones...only change is the additional 2 new colors...chocolate and soft blue Smiley Happy

@Susan Louise  WOW, eight sets!  I am thinking of the red, as if I don't have enough red decor already. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I ordered the brown finials. Already have two sets of the champagne and one of the frost white.

I also have ordered the matching spheres. I've never been bitten by the sphere bug, as initially they just seemed too 'modern' for my taste. 

Then between here and FB, I see several times people have done a really good job of incorporating them in ways that I can see me doing at home.

Don't know if I will keep them, but I thought it was the perfect time to have spheres that were actually made to match exactly back (both in color and type of glitter) to the finials, rather than just something to coordinate or compliment. 

I got the champagne spheres as well, and hoping that they are the same shade as the previous year's finials. The item number for those spheres, by the way, is H208692.

So much for me being underwhelmed!

Trusted Contributor

Something that hasn't been mentioned that makes these finials different than last year's is that the lights in the new ones are steady.  They don't flicker like last year's, so keep that in mind if you're planning on mixing the new with the old in your vignettes.