Valued Contributor

H206079 ONE TIME ONLY VALUE Kringle Express Illuminated 6 1/2" Porcelain Sleigh & Reindeer

[ Edited ]

I am asking for opinions, here.  Do you think this set, or just one piece, is an appropriate gift for a young girl's bedroom?  My grand daughters are young, 5 & 3 and their family just moved into a new home. Their bedrooms are cute- the 5 year old's room is done in sunny yellow, coral & spring green pastels.  The only artwork that her mom has purchased so far is a subway type style of frameless canvas artwork that has sunshiney sayings.  The 3 year old's room is mostly blue. The only artwork that her mom has so far is a cute songbirds on a wire frameless canvas piece above her bed.

I thought these sleighs could be used as a nightlight during the holidays. Maybe the look isn't right for kids that age, I don't know. I hope that no nasties come out of the woodwork! Please be kind. 

Super Contributor

Re: H206079 ONE TIME ONLY VALUE Kringle Express Illuminated 6 1/2" Porcelain Sleigh & Reind

I think that is a very nice idea and something to remember grandma by. I have a few things saved (mostly special ornaments) from my grandma and love to take them out and think of her.  Most of them were given to me when I was very young.  I would have loved to have received something like this. I also like the night light idea for them as well. I don't think it is a bad idea at all.

Honored Contributor

Re: H206079 ONE TIME ONLY VALUE Kringle Express Illuminated 6 1/2" Porcelain Sleigh & Reind

It's not a set.  One or the other.  It would be great for a child's room.  They could put a small doll in it.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the sleigh or reindeer would be a nice holiday decor with either room.  The porcelain is so neutral, it would go with all colors. 

Sleigh is what I'd choose for a nightlight, it doesn't flicker.

Honored Contributor

Hi rosehill,

I think the sleigh's would be pretty as a night light for your grandaughters. You know best if they would likely stay safe as all kids are different. I ordered one for myself, and if you decide to order for them I hope they enjoy them.

Respected Contributor

I think that is a darling idea, it is very pretty too.  Any little girl would love to have that as a night light, glowing beside their bed.  .

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rosehill wrote:

I am asking for opinions, here.  Do you think this set, or just one piece, is an appropriate gift for a young girl's bedroom?  My grand daughters are young, 5 & 3 and their family just moved into a new home. Their bedrooms are cute- the 5 year old's room is done in sunny yellow, coral & spring green pastels.  The only artwork that her mom has purchased so far is a subway type style of frameless canvas artwork that has sunshiney sayings.  The 3 year old's room is mostly blue. The only artwork that her mom has so far is a cute songbirds on a wire frameless canvas piece above her bed.

I thought these sleighs could be used as a nightlight during the holidays. Maybe the look isn't right for kids that age, I don't know. I hope that no nasties come out of the woodwork! Please be kind. 

@rosehill...A little late for your decision rosehill but I think they would be so sweet for their rooms during the holidays. And who knows, they might just decide they want them out all year and it wouldn't hurt a thing.  The sleighs would be a good size for them and give off just enough light.  Plus I know the girls would love them.   Hard to describe but I think the sleighs are so clean and simple looking.

Bet the girls are all ready for Halloween and getting excited.

JPC

Valued Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@rosehill...A little late for your decision rosehill but I think they would be so sweet for their rooms during the holidays. And who knows, they might just decide they want them out all year and it wouldn't hurt a thing.  The sleighs would be a good size for them and give off just enough light.  Plus I know the girls would love them.   Hard to describe but I think the sleighs are so clean and simple looking.

JPC

Thanks, everyone for answering. I ended up cancelling them last evening, not because all of you were positive about the idea, more because the girls mom doesn't have the same taste as me. Thanks for your imput, though. I may reconsider down the road if they come back in "as is".

JPC, the girls are getting excited to go trick or treating. Our son and his family moved about 40 minutes away, in a nice community that used to be almost all farm land. It's a new and upcoming area, and I now go there to watch the girls. Their street has about 10 homes on it, so that will probably be enough homes to trick or treat to. The area around it has dairy farms, horse farms, etc. I didn't think I would like it there, but it is really nice.
The girls will be using their lovely trick or treat bags that you made them. :~)

Trusted Contributor

@rosehill wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

JPC

Thanks, everyone for answering. I ended up cancelling them last evening, not because all of you were positive about the idea, more because the girls mom doesn't have the same taste as me. Thanks for your imput, though. I may reconsider down the road if they come back in "as is".

JPC, the girls are getting excited to go trick or treating. Our son and his family moved about 40 minutes away, in a nice community that used to be almost all farm land. It's a new and upcoming area, and I now go there to watch the girls. Their street has about 10 homes on it, so that will probably be enough homes to trick or treat to. The area around it has dairy farms, horse farms, etc. I didn't think I would like it there, but it is really nice.
The girls will be using their lovely trick or treat bags that you made them. :~)

@rosehill...Sorry to hear that your son and family have moved so far away.  I know that must be hard on you having to drive that distance days you are taking care of the kids.  Hoping this isn't a daily thing.  Is your mom still living with you???   Glad to hear the girls are still enjoying their bags. 

JPC

Valued Contributor

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

@Just Plain Crazy wrote:

@rosehill wrote:

JPC

@rosehill...Sorry to hear that your son and family have moved so far away.  I know that must be hard on you having to drive that distance days you are taking care of the kids.  Hoping this isn't a daily thing.  Is your mom still living with you???   Glad to hear the girls are still enjoying their bags. 

JPC

@Just Plain Crazy~ I still have wednesdays and thursdays assigned for the girls. My daughter in law's mom does monday and tuesday.  If I need to be home for any reason on a thursday, we have worked it out that my son will take the girls to his lab and I will pick them up there, which is 20 minutes away. I am scared to drive in lots of snow and ice, so this winter should be interesting. On wednesdays, I have to be there where they live, as Lucy goes to preschool M-W-F.

My mom is still here- she has been here a year already. The first 3 months last year were horrible. She was in the hospital 3  or 4 times, once she was there for heart problems, plus the flu, plus pneuminia. She got through that, and is doing well. She has heart failure, so she will never get better, but she is being managed well by a new Indian doctor. I love her new doctor and my mom lives a pretty full life here. Sometimes we get in each other's hair- that is to be expected. Woman Wink