Esteemed Contributor

H-225118 Valerie terrible Quailty. !!!

just received this angel that was in her recent show and the quality is horrible !!!  The white fur is dirty and dingy the painting is bad plus the wings don't match .   Very cheap looking certainly not worth the money and is going right back 😠    I will look for an angel locally at maybe HL ,or Homegoods .  Something must be done about Valeries quailty its hit or miss it seems.    I told myself I would not buy anything more from her line due to the Origin of where they come from.    I bought this to give  to a friend as a gift.  Will fine something  else better.  I couldn't give this to her.   I have one more item coming , also a gift ,  and if it arrives in poor condition I'm done !!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: H-225118 Valerie terrible Quailty. !!!

@Kitty Galore How disappointing!  I wonder how much the factories in China were impacted by the Corona Virus?  We may have to cross this year off in terms of quality control which can be inconsistent in the best of times.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It isn't just Valerie.  Was reading about David's 'Kris Kringle' (QVC's brand) large reindeer.

2.8 rating so far.  One reviewer said paint quality was terrible and the antlers kept falling off.

Another reviewer received one that was broken.  Poor quality packing materials.

With shipping and tax each style was over $200.  Now they are $224 each without shipping and tax.  

I experienced both more than my share and want to admit my stupidity for continuing to buy.  

2 reviewers gave it a 5. 

I doubt Chinese manufacturers inspect their products before sending the order out.  Factory rejects are included with the order.  It's a luck of the draw for the customer.  

Honored Contributor

I'd definitely stick to your guns and not buy again like you intended. If you don't want to buy from that country of origin, I wouldn't buy it for a friend.   
I used to buy Valeries stuff years ago but even back then, it chipped and wasn't worth the markup. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got my lantern yesterday but somethings "rattling" know it's not a snake😉 but sounds like glass broken😳...I'm 🤞🏻🤞🏻my fingers it's just "loose" packaging.

As I said before VPH things are hit or miss. Went to Old Time Pottery today they had very cute fall/halloween (should have taken. pics) for $2.99-$7.99 and looked just like VPH figurines.

Respected Contributor

I have been a Valerie fan for a long time but the items/quality are definitely hit or miss these days. I am ordering most of my Christmas gifts now but have decided to bypass Valerie's things.....makes me sad but I don't feel it is worth it to take the chance anymore.

Esteemed Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I'd definitely stick to your guns and not buy again like you intended. If you don't want to buy from that country of origin, I wouldn't buy it for a friend.   
I used to buy Valeries stuff years ago but even back then, it chipped and wasn't worth the markup. 

I agree @GenXmuse . I had so much stuff from Valerie years ago but purged just about everything. 

Trusted Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I got my lantern yesterday but somethings "rattling" know it's not a snake😉 but sounds like glass broken😳...I'm 🤞🏻🤞🏻my fingers it's just "loose" packaging.

As I said before VPH things are hit or miss. Went to Old Time Pottery today they had very cute fall/halloween (should have taken. pics) for $2.99-$7.99 and looked just like VPH figurines.

im getting mine either today or tomorrow.. i read all the reviews on it, and now  im nervous about it being broken.. alot were.. good luck, hope mines ok.. if i really like it i want to order another one..

Super Contributor

@Kitty Galore  That's so disappointing! I was drawn to the angel... and considered getting the angel and the Santa for the mantle in the den.... but resisted. It certainly looked lovely on air. I'm sure you will find something special to gift your friend.

Valued Contributor

I got 2 lanterns last week & I noticed one has a rattle but so far has not affected it.Fingers crossed.