Occasional Contributor

I have noticied this in past shows and have not gotten around to posting but here Rachel is hosting the holiday show today (4-6 pm EST) and I can't stand it so I have to turn the channel.  I cringe when she literally destroys the food she is demostrating.  I can't even imagine what the people who bring these products to the Q are thinking.

I love watching the Gourmet shows but refuse when she is on.     

Respected Contributor

I cringe when I have to read another host-bashing thread.

There is more to life!!

P.S. Rachel is one of my favorites!  She knows her stuff and is very enthusiastic!

Honored Contributor

@glola. Perhaps you could make some CONSTRUCTIVE suggestions on how to better show food that can't be tasted?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday Shows

[ Edited ]

I also do not like when the hosts smash the food between their fingers!! 

If they are trying to demonstrate how soft/chewy/gooey/

or crispy the food is...they can just as easily use a fork or two to cut, squash or crumble the food!!

Honored Contributor

I don't actually care if they squish with their fingers but I do see them using utensils many, many times. 

However, I don't see how you can use a fork on a hard cookie or on Mrs. Prindable apples, candy etc!  Somethings just need to be picked up!

I know it can be a pet peeve of many ppl since these posts keep appearing, but food seems to be selling VERY well regardless.  Otherwise, they wouldn't have these shows so often.

Sales must be outweighing those that get all skivvy about it.

Respected Contributor

Im tired of the childish behavior during the Gourmet Holiday shows.  These are grown adults who are either over-acting or must eat TV dinners at home and havent seen a real balanced meal in months.  Rachel's over the top antics about a sirloin steak seem disingenuine to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Reever wrote:

Im tired of the childish behavior during the Gourmet Holiday shows.  These are grown adults who are either over-acting or must eat TV dinners at home and havent seen a real balanced meal in months.  Rachel's over the top antics about a sirloin steak seem disingenuine to me.

------------------

Rachel probably has the best vocabulary of any of the hosts and wears clothing so well.  But I totally agree about her behavior on the food shows, especially when paired with Alberti!  I don't watch her shows...

Super Contributor

Alberti and Rachel are the worst host pairings on QVC...  both are channel changers for me always!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gourmet Holiday Shows

[ Edited ]

@LovemesomeQ1979 wrote:

Alberti and Rachel are the worst host pairings on QVC...  both are channel changers for me always!  

@LovemesomeQ1979   Agree!!  Don't know why they have to act so hyper.  It's ridiculous!  I try to watch, but I can't.

Super Contributor

I don't watch the food shows - not because of the hosts but because of the prices.