Trusted Contributor

Got sucked in again with dishes!

[ Edited ]

I was in the Christmas Tree Shop last week and couldn't resist these dishes.  Fall dishes seem to be my favorite.

fall dishes 1.jpg

Honored Contributor

Cute plates especially the little fox. These stores can be dangerous to your health. Brings on too much stress. 😂 I know. I keep telling everyone I’m downsizing. Oh brother.

Respected Contributor

Re: Got sucked in again with dishes!

So cute! The Christmas Tree Shoppe is a dangerous place. I used to love to shop there when I lived in Rhode Island. It didn't cost much to have fun there. I still have some fall dishes I bought there - you just reminded me to dig them out.

Honored Contributor

Those dishes are sweet.

I've never had that kind of good luck.

Most of it looks like cheap stuff from China to me.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DecorDiva

Adorable.  I must stop by there to just...lookCat Happy

If you love autumn motifs, I recently found some greatly reduced Mainstays brand dishes at Walmart with a pumpkin pattern.  It was a setting for 4 for about $17.

I bought 2 sets to use in upcoming gift baskets.  They also had some adorable pumpkin shaped mugs -- bought those too ---- for gift baskets, of course!

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@DecorDiva

If you love autumn motifs, I recently found some greatly reduced Mainstays brand dishes at Walmart with a pumpkin patter.  It was a setting for 4 for about $17.

I bought 2 sets to use in upcoming gift baskets.  They also had some adorable pumpkin shaped mugs -- bought those too ---- for gift baskets, of course!

I just looked those up - they are really pretty. And what a great price! I am tempted......

Esteemed Contributor

@froggy

Aren't they wonderful?

I have no need for dishes, but I figured as long as I was giving them away it was OK to buy Cat LOL

I'm just hoping they don't arrive in pieces!  I never find those kind of deals when I am shopping in the store.  Seems they reserve the bargains for online shopping.

Let me know if you give in.  I'm expecting mine in a day or so and will post about the quality.

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@froggy

Let me know if you give in.  I'm expecting mine in a day or so and will post about the quality.

@Witchy Woman

Please do report back on the quality. Did you notice that there were several other fall patterns with the pattern mainly around the rim?These are great for someone who doesn't want to spend a fortune decorating.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@DecorDiva

If you love autumn motifs, I recently found some greatly reduced Mainstays brand dishes at Walmart with a pumpkin pattern.  It was a setting for 4 for about $17.

@Witchy Woman - I also thank you for the heads up about these pumpkin dishes; I love the fact that they are somewhere between elegant and whimsical, so they'll make great decorations and great gifts. I sprung for the set with the harvest motif around the rims that included a giant serving bowl and platter--those latter pieces are for me! Smiley Happy

EDIT: As I was getting ready to check out, I did a final search for "Mainstay pumpkin" to make sure I hadn't missed anything, and I discovered that I could get just the large bowl, platter, and a bread plate for $9.99 (and there's also a version with a gravy boat instead of the bread plate)! Wow. I hate going to WM in person, but there are definitely some good deals online...

Esteemed Contributor

P.S. Don't miss out on getting *four* cute 8" round pumpkin cookie jars for just $25.35!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pumpkin-Cookie-Jar-Set-of-4/255334916