Respected Contributor

This year I was not up to rearranging our “formal” living room to make room for a Christmas tree. And I didn’t feel like dragging several bins out of the garage and unpacking and unwrapping all of my precious ornaments. I have quite a collection of Joan Rivers Russian egg ornaments.  But I knew I would miss putting up some of my favorite ornaments. So I ordered a smaller Bethlehem Lights slim tree H224677 that we could put in our family room where we can enjoy seeing it every night.

This tree is decorated with personalized clay ornaments of our dogs (my late Gigi’s ornament was the first one I put on the tree) as well as some other dog related ornaments, and gorgeous Valerie butterflies and birds. Notice my cocker Christmas tree skirt.  😊

I also have my treasured Christmas pic of the cockers from last year and a cocker nativity scene.  I managed to catch Buddy (who is fighting cancer and recently lost his remaining eye to glaucoma) snoozing under the tree. ❤️

Pardon the glare from the mirrored tray the nativity is on, need to find a better display tray for next year.  Sorry some pics came out sideways.  Not sure how to fix that. 

6ACE0082-2DC3-4306-A68D-BFACC7275A7B.jpeg

71E24BDA-8C0F-484E-B52C-B50991FB1FD8.jpeg

2754A76D-AE63-4A2A-8DD6-23D3F16EF557.jpeg

A37BDB46-D2BD-4854-A318-9E37A8F6E7B6.jpeg

605FFB29-BD2A-40F6-B7C1-E9F963F51D77.jpeg

Contributor

Re: Got a new Christmas tree!

LOVE the Cocker Spaniel nativity scene!!  Where ever did you find it?  I used to have a wonderful tan male cocker spaniel many years ago. He's since passed away. We used to show him until he got too tall. He enjoyed our outings to the dog shows more than we did I think. haha  Thanks for posting your pics. Brings back some great memories of my sweet dog.  :-)   Your tree is beautiful !!

Respected Contributor

Nice work. Love your dogs.

Super Contributor

We've had a similar skinny tree for years. No need for major furniture moving for sure. Enjoy. 

LorraineXmasTree.png

Regular Contributor

The tree is kind of narrow but love the dogs.

Esteemed Contributor

@crazycockermom 

I love your tree and doggies.  So precious.

I like the skinny trees.  The huge tree I used many years ago had such a large sweep at the bottom I had to move several pieces of furniture.  So much work!

This way, you have all the beauty in a compact tree.

Honored Contributor

@crazycockermom     FIXED!

large.jpg

original.jpg

Your tree & cockers are just gorgeous!   I use to live next door to a family that had a small cocker spaniel (long haired) named Taffy.  Are your cockers poodle blend?  Their curly coats looks so magnificent.

I love how the bow on your tree streams down to the floor.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Trusted Contributor

I love your tree. I can hear the joy in your voice about the tree in your post.  I have a 3 ft. high tabletop tree with ornaments that represent all of my cats, those who have gone over the bridge, and my current kitty, who is struggling with lymphoma but is still with me. (I added a photo ornament of my dad two years ago, the only human represented; he loved my cats .) Your nativity made me smile. Where did you find such a sweet representation? I hope your tree brings happiness whenever you look at it. 

Respected Contributor

Your tree is very pretty and I love your doggies 🤗

Honored Contributor

Your tree is so personal and meaningful that it is truly special.  Hope your family and the dogs have a wonderful Christmas!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment