Trusted Contributor

I just received a set of Valerie's picks which are very nice and are just what I was looking for, except for a glitter overload. I knew that they were described as glittered but was not not expecting THAT level of glitter. It seems it's almost impossible these days to find Christmas decorations without glitter. Before I give up and send them back, can any of you crafty decorators tell me if there is a way to seal the glitter so it no longer sheds all over everything? 
If not, have any of you had luck finding large Christmas picks that are not glittered and where? 
I really wish that there was a Christmas decorating movement back toward a more natural, less glitzy, maybe more rustic look. The glitter thing is really frustrating. 😖

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17   I'd try a matte finish polyurethane spray.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I don't have any issues with glitter, but understand many do. maybe try a coat of hairspray? I remember people used to use hairspray on silk plants....

then again, QVC offers vaccuum cleaners as TSV's every other week, LOL. 

good luck. this time of the year seems to be a glittery world. 

Regular Contributor

I read that unscented hairspray works, but has to be periodically reapplied.

or Mod Podge works too.

Trusted Contributor

@Maltichonmom17  - the craft stores like Michaels and Hobby Lobby sell spray cans of glitter sealant.  It's not supposed to yellow white glitter.  I used it a few years ago and it seemed to work.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't mind living in a glitter world once a year.  I keep a light weight stick cordless vacuum handy.

I do take picks outside and shake excess off into a large trash bag.  

Contributor
I had to send back the glitter lantern from Valerie with the sleigh and house. The glitter was stuck to the front window of it, and wouldn’t move. Got a replacement. It’s working properly , but I agree - way too much glitter inside
Esteemed Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 I found some really nice Christmas picks on Amazon.  No glitter on them and they are really pretty.  I can't have enough picks as I like to place them everywhere for the season.  I just did a search for Christmas picks and sprays, they were easy to find and reasonably priced.

Trusted Contributor

Thank you to everyone for being kind enough to take the time to respond and provide useful suggestions to my glitter problem. 

I think I'll head over to Amazon and check out the glitter sealant options and also their selections of glitter free picks.

I appreciate all of you! 😊

Honored Contributor

@Maltichonmom17 After I opened my boxes from her collection, I asked myself whether she actually decorates with those glittered items. My order consisted of butterfly clip ornaments and picks that look like streamers. I've tossed one pair of socks and a pair of old slippers whose bottoms were filled with glitter. Yes, I like the look, but I hate the mess. I wanted to write a review saying that the products are pretty and well constructed, but I knew I'd be too critical because of the glittery mess I had on my body, clothes and floor!