Respected Contributor

Glitter Lanterns - What do you think?

[ Edited ]

I have received two of the three Valerie Glitter Lanterns (TSV) and must say that overall, I am disappointed. They are cute and sparkly but lack the elegance of the ones from last year. And, I hate to say this, but they have a less expensive look to me. 

I am really undecided about keeping them.....just not like me. I love Valerie's items but think I am going to take a break from purchasing them......

Have you received yours and what do you think of them?

Edited to add this information from the way I see it:

I have no problem with the glitter inside the lantern or the lighting. I have a problem with the overall workmanship (compared to last year) and the elements inside the lantern. They are cheap and I don't use that word lightly. The lantern version from last year is gorgeous. In fact, I have my church out and lit right now on my hall entry table. I was expecting the SAME quality this year. I did not receive it.

Thanks for  your responses.....they helped. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Glitter Lanterns - What do you think?

what is the item number?

Trusted Contributor

@Regal Bee   I purchased 3 of these last year and 2 of them quit working after a couple weeks.  Unfortunately they were gifts, so I was not happy.   I thought they were pretty but not worth buying them again.  

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee -- I bought four of last year's version, and I love theim.  This year's version in white did not appeal to me.  I watched the presentations carefully, and did not like the backgroud art and the fact that you couldn't see through the lantern.  The quality didn't seem to match last year's, so I did not order.

Respected Contributor

@Beauty Maven wrote:

@Regal Bee -- I bought four of last year's version, and I love theim.  This year's version in white did not appeal to me.  I watched the presentations carefully, and did not like the backgroud art and the fact that you couldn't see through the lantern.  The quality didn't seem to match last year's, so I did not order.

@Beauty Maven   The quality is definitely not there. You were much wiser than me but I have learned my lesson. Smiley Wink

Valued Contributor

@Regal Bee -- Maybe I'm finally learning!! I'm still paying for MANY unwise purchases from QVC!  Happy to say though, most things I'm very happy with.  Luckily, home storage limitations have forced me to slow down.

I do have a sinking feeling that quality QVC items may be a thing of the past.

Esteemed Contributor

I do like a lot of Valerie's products byt hate glitter all over my house. It also cheapens the look of a product. 

Respected Contributor

The more Valerie uses glitter, the less I will purchase, I detest glitter, it cheapens the product...give me a product that displays the design, not the embellishments.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the feedback, I cancelled the 2 ordered....do not want to chance having to return anything with mail system and QVC return/exchange system quality right now.  Was interested in the white for a lighter look; purchased 2 last year and very pleased.  

Honored Contributor

Not into this sort of thing, so didn't order, but looked up ratings under Reviews.

To date it is 4.3...pretty good.  Most gave it 5 stars.

Most common complaint is theirs didn't work.  Others said, too small, looked cheap, made out of plastic, too much glitter.