Honored Contributor

Re: Gingerbread man decor...yes or no

When I had my big home (and kitchen) I had a 4' tree decorated with all gingerbread & kitchen was transformed into gingerbread holiday decor.  I still have all my gingerbread things but I only put a few things out I have a smaller galley style kitchen with bay window eating area  & wish I could fit the tree.

In fact, I haven't done a Christmas tree in years -- it's kinda sad but I am never here for holiday.

I love gingerbread christmas things!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Honored Contributor

DSCF7281.JPG

Respected Contributor

I love gingerbread men cookies, but it’s not something I desire to decorate with. Money saved!
Honored Contributor

I think it’s cute especially if you have young ones that come around at Christmas. Yes for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mominohio: I like your pictures, especially the sugared gingerbread men.

That said, that's not my style of decor. When my sons were growing up, we collected nutcrackers and amassed quite a collection over many years. I am downsizing big time this summer. I will have minimal decor this Christmas other than the mantel, nativity, a large (for me) tree-6 feet and a smaller 4 foot table top tree.

Honored Contributor

I like gingerbread men, but don't decorate with them.  I had the luminary from the Q that came in a set of two lumaries.  I had a gingerbread man, but have him to my mother.

Contributor

My kitchen at Christmas is done in a gingerbread theme, I love it!   My kids say it’s their favorite part of my decor! 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a Temp-tations measuring spoon set that is a gingerbread family in a sleigh - I put it on top of my range every Christmas.  It's cute.

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio

I like gingerbread to eat, but not so much for decor, at least not as gingerbread men.  

Referring back to your other post about wrapping paper without cutesy designs, I think most gingerbread men decor is too cutesy.

I do love a good gingerbread cake with whipped cream on top!  

I also love a nicely crafted gingerbread house.  And one year I made a Martha Stewart idea which was a wreath of gingerbread-type cookies shaped like leaves and then held together with (maybe egg whites or something similar) and formed into a wreath.  It turned out very nicely, and was (at least I thought so) sophisticated.

Mine was like this but I didn't hang it on the door:

Image result for martha stewart gingerbread wreath of leaves

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.