Honored Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for hair stylists and nail tech

[ Edited ]

cash equal at least to your usual tip

I think they would prefer rather  than more stuff

Honored Contributor

Cash only.  They are working for you.  It's a cash bonus.  No matter how close you feel to them.

One alternative I got once that is something different but wow was it appreciated--a certificate for a car wash!  Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

I always give cash and home baked goodies to my hair stylist.

Esteemed Contributor

Honored Contributor

Try a gift card from their grocery store.   

They can get flowers,  a bottle of wine, or a steak- whatever they want!

Respected Contributor

I always give her extra cash + something little.  Candy or a scratch off.  I think they get like teachers do, mugs, candles and ornaments. Stuff they don’t really want!  They want and prefer cash!  I always try to bring her a cold drink in the summer and a coffee in the winter.  She is very appreciative.  She is the owner.  Always tip, owner or not.   

Honored Contributor

@Penelope Pit Stop :Cash. I had emergency with my hair getting all matted and tangled. I called my hair stylist last Friday morning expected appointment for next week. Stated not busy and please come in. Salon had on this day only 3 stylist and 2 customers. Note on front door : Walk - ins welcome. Before COVID always requested appointments only. Stylist indicated she would be working Saturday but so far no appointments scheduled. She said that she didn't want to be negative or depressing but like so many other businesses really struggling. She is a very talented and respected stylist in my community and normally needed to book appointments with her in advance.I gave her double of what I normally tip. She looked at the money and asked me: how much cash back? I replied none. She had tears in her eyes and couldn't talk. I will be scheduling more appointments for wash and style. I want to do something just to help.