Contributor

Gift ideas for hair stylists and nail tech

Hi everyone
I would love some ideas for Christmas gifts for my hair and nail gals. I’ve done candles, mugs, bath and body and now I’m at a loss.

Thanks!!
Respected Contributor

Re: Gift ideas for hair stylists and nail tech

I always gave cash. 

Honored Contributor

I always give cash, I figure they probably get a bunch of candles etc. and everyone can use cash.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Penelope Pit Stop Everyone likes and needs cash (not a check).

I had a friend who  was a stylist and tossed all the silly mugs and ugly candles!

Honored Contributor

I was a stylist for years and I still own a shop that employees three stylists.Cash or a visa gift card is best and most appreciated.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I always give a gift card to a steak house to my hair stylist.  Her and her hubby eat out a lot and that way they can have whatever they want be it fish, chicken or beef.

Trusted Contributor

Last year I gave my stylist a pair of cabin socks, an individually wrapped Landies pretzel, and a tube of Josie Marian hand cream with an envelope containing cash. The presentation was cute and - self contained.  

Trusted Contributor

My stylist has not recovered from the pandemic. Many ladies have not booked hair appointments after the lockdown and she has now adjusted her schedule to only 3 days a week. She just does not have enough bookings to easily pay the fees for her chair in the salon. I appreciate her styling work and I recognize her predicament. 

To show my mindfulness I tip generously at every haircut appointment and I give cash for Christmas. She's grateful, and it helps her to maintain her dignity in these hard times for her.  No one buys groceries with candles or mugs.

I show my affection with a nice card and some personal message included. I show my respect by helping her make ends meet without making her feel needy; she is just getting some extra cash at a holiday time. 

Contributor

Thank you everyone!!
Respected Contributor

I always give cash to my hair stylist especially since I know she is a single mom.