Honored Contributor

Getting some new tables in

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to say, this is the first time I've ever bought a piece of furniture, with a Christmas decoration in mind.  I'm getting a round table, to have a special place in the LR, and I'm getting it to put the little Christmas tree on, that I got years ago on the Q. Ceramic one with little lights.  

So, I'll either use it for that or the natavity scene if it all will fit.  

This is a first. Never considered furniture before with this purpose in mind.  I'm losing it.

Have you ever bought furniture with something specific in mind to use it for?  On the line that I've mentioned.

Respected Contributor

Re: Getting some new tables in

I know this isn't exactly what you mean, but I bought two folding tables several years ago to use during the holidays to display my Christmas village.  They've come in handy for other things, too.  I often set one up for a craft project or a jigsaw puzzle and they provided perfect extra seating for a wedding shower.

Trusted Contributor

@qualitygal  - this makes sense to me.  I didn't have room to store display tables used for Christmas items, so I bought one of those wooden tables with the three legs that unscrew.  The only thing with these is that you have to use a round tablecloth to hide the legs, but it serves the purpose and they are inexpensive.

Honored Contributor

This isn't quite the same either, but....   I've bought a table specifically for regular decor (as  opposed to Christmas decor).

I love to rotate my "bric a brac" in and out of my living room, but don't like a crowded feeling.   In an antique store one day, I spotted a beat-up Art Deco brass and wood table.  The thing that made it perfect was that it had three separate, small tiers.   So you can have 3 different vignettes going simultaneously, but in a small footprint.

So I have this small, 3 tiered table tucked unobtrusively in a window, with a plant on one tier, but 2 whole other tiers on which to arrange "stuff" whenever I get bored with what's there.  And I get bored a lot!

Your round table sounds perfect for your purpose, and you'll probably find other good uses for it the rest of the year!

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a 30" barstool similar to the one on the left from the local Amish guy but I asked for a flat seat to display a Ditz Christmas tree. So nope, not silly at all. 

RRH633.jpg

1. Item70294.jpg.jpg
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just wanted to say, this is the first time I've ever bought a piece of furniture, with a Christmas decoration in mind.  I'm getting a round table, to have a special place in the LR, and I'm getting it to put the little Christmas tree on, that I got years ago on the Q. Ceramic one with little lights.  

So, I'll either use it for that or the natavity scene if it all will fit.  

This is a first. Never considered furniture before with this purpose in mind.  I'm losing it.

Have you ever bought furniture with something specific in mind to use it for?  On the line that I've mentioned.

@qualitygal   Yes, there has to be a reason for buying something.  I am dreaming of either having an entire wall of built in shelving, drawers, and cabinets for storing Christmas deco, or buying a sideboard or something similar

I bought a metal ladybug table only a foot high or so to put Valerie's 5' frosted tips with pinecones tree a few years ago for my bedroom, and after Christmas, I use the table for DVDs that I am playing and going to play.