Esteemed Contributor

Gave up on some of my advance orders from Valerie

[ Edited ]

I had ordered 3 of her Gingerbread houses on advanced order... and the delivery dates keep getting pushed back ....daily. ....so I just cancelled them.

They were pretty, but I really didn't need them and I've decorated already..

I finally got the ceramic plate lifts and one is crooked. I just feel that some of this advanced order stuff is being rushed and the quality isn't always there. There were complaints of some of her other gingerbread items coming crooked or stuff broken off on fans of Valerie's Facebook page....until the admin deleted them.

I am sure she will have more Gingerbread stuff next year that I can get...

My last item from her ...a Nativity statue....is in"preparing your Order" stage, so hopefully I will get that..

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Gave up on some of my advance orders from Valerie

@Nataliesgramma   Sorry you won't be getting your gingerbread houses.  Isn't it funny though while things are on waitlist or advanced order, we realize we really don't need it after all!   I haven't ordered much in awhile especially VPH items as I have an overlfow already.    Seems like her items are not the same quality anyway, IMO, I don't think it's because orders are being rushed, to me they are using cheaper factories.

Respected Contributor

I had ordered the Jockey  Forever Bra set when it was a TSV.  I think around March...maybe?  I ordereed two sets of 2.  Got one set and the other kept getting back ordered.  After a month or so, I contaced QS and canceled it.  A week later it was shipped.  

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I had ordered 3 of her Gingerbread houses on advanced order... and the delivery dates keep getting pushed back ....daily. ....so I just cancelled them.

I finally got the ceramic plate lifts and one is crooked. I just feel that some of this advanced order stuff is being rushed and the quality isn't always there. There were complaints of some of her other gingerbread items coming crooked or stuff broken off on fans of Valerie's Facebook page....until the admin deleted them.

My last item from her ...a Nativity statue....is in"preparing your Order" stage, so hopefully I will get that..

@Nataliesgramma 

What Natitivity Statue did you get?  I purchased H219540 last year----this one is BEAUTIFUL...and for a change NICE QUALITY !!! 

product thumbnail

I agree Valerie needs to do something about her quality it's not just the pandemic it's been going down hill for some time....... I paid a lot for the 3 ft snowy glistening twinkling tree for my bedroom...it's only the second year and a large strand of the lights don't  work!!! 😣😡 I shouldve bought the Martha Stewart 5 ft tree ....would have paid a little more, BUT Martha cares about QUALITY!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor

I ordered the Mr. and Mrs. Claus figurines on October 14.  They shipped on 11/13 to be delivered on 11/9 (???) Yes I typed it correctly!  I hope the wait is worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SpurtThat is the one! It looked so beautiful and has all 5 star ratings....

I have a spot waiting for it...

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@SpurtThat is the one! It looked so beautiful and has all 5 star ratings....

I have a spot waiting for it...

@Nataliesgramma 

You'll love it---its beautiful!!!  I was surprised at the size...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

@Spurt  I got this years version of the twinkling tree, ( I missed out on Martha's last year or that would have been my choice) and I'm not one to mind a bit of glitter here and there, but oh my gosh....this tree of Valerie's was an awful mess.The box left a trail of glitter from the post office to the car, to my house....glitter flying everywhere and sticking to everything.

The branches were skimpy, took a lot of fluffing to try to cover gaps leaving the pole showing. Talk about a disappointment! (And No warranty of course)

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Azcowgirl wrote:

@Spurt  I got this years version of the twinkling tree, ( I missed out on Martha's last year or that would have been my choice) and I'm not one to mind a bit of glitter here and there, but oh my gosh....this tree of Valerie's was an awful mess.The box left a trail of glitter from the post office to the car, to my house....glitter flying everywhere and sticking to everything.

The branches were skimpy, took a lot of fluffing to try to cover gaps leaving the pole showing. Talk about a disappointment! (And No warranty of course)

@Azcowgirl 

I know the tree you are talking about---so many reviews complaining it's a glitter blizzard---ARRRGGHHHH!!!! 

Yep, No warranty, and in mine there was no replacement bulbs you have to call the Natural Tree Co---LOL---AMAZING! My tree has a slight dusting of snow and thankfully no glitter!!!! That was one good thing about the tree the "snow" doesnt come off...it was nice and full, but not all lights twinkle as Valerie's Staff claimed!Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

What Natitivity Statue did you get?  I purchased H219540 last year----this one is BEAUTIFUL...and for a change NICE QUALITY !!! 

product thumbnail

I agree Valerie needs to do something about her quality it's not just the pandemic it's been going down hill for some time....... I paid a lot for the 3 ft snowy glistening twinkling tree for my bedroom...it's only the second year and a large strand of the lights don't  work!!! 😣😡 I shouldve bought the Martha Stewart 5 ft tree ....would have paid a little more, BUT Martha cares about QUALITY!!! 

@Spurt  Thanks for posting about the nativity, good to know.  Mine will be arriving sometime this week, looking forward to it.  The bottom half  lights on my 5' downswept tree just went out.  I didn't want to throw out the tree as I have the other 2 different sizes, I bought (2) 20 light strands from Amazon and a favorite power strip at Home Depot and the tree looks great again.  The power strip is attached to a smart plug and works just fine.