Honored Contributor

Re: Gave up on some of my advance orders from Valerie

@Nataliesgramma 

In CIJ I ordered the gingerbread houses from VPH.  Of course, at the time I ordered I was "expecting" to use them as small gift for my card group ladies. 

Anyway, so glad I decided to open ...what a mess!  Let me say the "mold smell was awful" but the quality was terrible!  The roofs were not glued, santa face looked like a 3 year old painted it, and crooked roof on other pieces.

Of course, returned as "defective".  

I then ordered the beautiful TSV lantern -- again a issue -- side glass panel broken.  This may have happened in shipping🤷‍♀️.

As with all things lately ... all the quality is gone.  I bought the Temptations TSV as a gift  ...biggest mistake -- not only is it suppose to be "taupe" -- some pieces are "olive grey" - if that's a color, paint missing on sides...well...this is what you get when now "fast mass produced".

Although, I know not everyone can get to stores  I've lost all faith in shopping brands I used to love on QVC.  I now will wait and find it in b&m store.

Valerie shows always are enjoyable and her decorating style is nice but it's sad she can't control the "poor manufacturing" lately.

Esteemed Contributor

@homedecor1  I agree...

I swore that I wouldn't order anymore after last year, but I ended up getting several things....

Some things were better than expected and others were poorly made. I didn't mind them being on Advance order since it was only July-Sept, but when I finally got my things, they were disappointing.

These last Gingerbread houses went with the Church that I had posted earlier that was abviously crooked on air. I just decided that maybe them being delayed more and more that it was an omen not to get them.....If they had bad quality with the Church ON AIR....I was afraid mine would be rushed and sloppy.

Here is the set

church.jpg

Trusted Contributor

@Nataliesgramma  - I ordered three of those gingerbread houses ages ago and they are now in the "preparing your order" phase.  I am holding my breath and think if I get all three with no defects, it will be a miracle.  I want the three as a grouping, and if one is defective, I will have an issue as I will want to return all three.  We shall see.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I had ordered 3 of her Gingerbread houses on advanced order... and the delivery dates keep getting pushed back ....daily. ....so I just cancelled them.

They were pretty, but I really didn't need them and I've decorated already..

I finally got the ceramic plate lifts and one is crooked. I just feel that some of this advanced order stuff is being rushed and the quality isn't always there. There were complaints of some of her other gingerbread items coming crooked or stuff broken off on fans of Valerie's Facebook page....until the admin deleted them.

I am sure she will have more Gingerbread stuff next year that I can get...

My last item from her ...a Nativity statue....is in"preparing your Order" stage, so hopefully I will get that..

@Nataliesgramma 

What Natitivity Statue did you get?  I purchased H219540 last year----this one is BEAUTIFUL...and for a change NICE QUALITY !!! 

product thumbnail

I agree Valerie needs to do something about her quality it's not just the pandemic it's been going down hill for some time....... I paid a lot for the 3 ft snowy glistening twinkling tree for my bedroom...it's only the second year and a large strand of the lights don't  work!!! 😣😡 I shouldve bought the Martha Stewart 5 ft tree ....would have paid a little more, BUT Martha cares about QUALITY!!! 

@Spurt  Thanks for posting about the nativity, good to know.  Mine will be arriving sometime this week, looking forward to it.  The bottom half  lights on my 5' downswept tree just went out.  I didn't want to throw out the tree as I have the other 2 different sizes, I bought (2) 20 light strands from Amazon and a favorite power strip at Home Depot and the tree looks great again.  The power strip is attached to a smart plug and works just fine.    

@rockygems123  @Nataliesgramma 

Let me know how y'all like your Nativity--- I love mine....I have mine on an end table and am enjoying it as I type.... Even my sister remarked how much she loved the Nativity....ENJOY!

When you display something on air that's crooked doesnt speak well of the quality...

I can understand manufacturing problems due to the pandemic, but these quality issues have been going on years before this happened...and its getting worse....

Yep ROCKYGEMS---Its ridiculous that we have to come up with our DYI remedies and have to add to the cost by buying an additional set of lights so we can enjoy our respective trees....for the price we paid it shouldn't happen...Maybe I should have just bought that little tree that I saw at Walgreens, much cheaper and probably would have lasted longer....Woman Frustrated SMH  I just wanted a small tree for my bedroom.... At least my Martha Stewart 7.5 tree I bought from Home Depot years ago is still going strong in my living room---YAY MARTHA!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@homedecor1 wrote:

@Nataliesgramma 

In CIJ I ordered the gingerbread houses from VPH.  Of course, at the time I ordered I was "expecting" to use them as small gift for my card group ladies. 

Anyway, so glad I decided to open ...what a mess!  Let me say the "mold smell was awful" but the quality was terrible!  The roofs were not glued, santa face looked like a 3 year old painted it, and crooked roof on other pieces.

Of course, returned as "defective".  

I then ordered the beautiful TSV lantern -- again a issue -- side glass panel broken.  This may have happened in shipping🤷‍♀️.

As with all things lately ... all the quality is gone.  I bought the Temptations TSV as a gift  ...biggest mistake -- not only is it suppose to be "taupe" -- some pieces are "olive grey" - if that's a color, paint missing on sides...well...this is what you get when now "fast mass produced".

Although, I know not everyone can get to stores  I've lost all faith in shopping brands I used to love on QVC.  I now will wait and find it in b&m store.

Valerie shows always are enjoyable and her decorating style is nice but it's sad she can't control the "poor manufacturing" lately.

@homedecor1 

download (2).jpg

It's so frustrating to take a chance and buy these items from Valerie and other vendors at QVC only to find the quality to be an absolute mess and then its us that have to hassle with a return as well....

Speaking of Temptations the other night I noticed a crack in a Temptation platter as I took it out of the microwave Woman Frustrated

I just laugh when these vendors are talking to the host on air and talk about QVC's strict quality standards....SMH  Sadly, the quality products are getting so rare (the Nativity being an exception) that I watch the shows just to get decorating tips and but buy similar things at Hobby Lobby, Home Goods, Kirklands, At Home, or quaint small business owned shops...My home decor purchases from QVC are getting rarer and rarer.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma   I finally received the plaid ribbon that was on advance order for months, shocked as I thought I would never receive it.

Frequent Contributor

I ordered Valerie’s gingerbread boy and girl and the boys head had been reglued back on. I still wanted them though and they were sold out so got a good discount from CS. 

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@rockygems123 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

I had ordered 3 of her Gingerbread houses on advanced order... and the delivery dates keep getting pushed back ....daily. ....so I just cancelled them.

They were pretty, but I really didn't need them and I've decorated already..

I finally got the ceramic plate lifts and one is crooked. I just feel that some of this advanced order stuff is being rushed and the quality isn't always there. There were complaints of some of her other gingerbread items coming crooked or stuff broken off on fans of Valerie's Facebook page....until the admin deleted them.

I am sure she will have more Gingerbread stuff next year that I can get...

My last item from her ...a Nativity statue....is in"preparing your Order" stage, so hopefully I will get that..

@Nataliesgramma 

What Natitivity Statue did you get?  I purchased H219540 last year----this one is BEAUTIFUL...and for a change NICE QUALITY !!! 

product thumbnail

I agree Valerie needs to do something about her quality it's not just the pandemic it's been going down hill for some time....... I paid a lot for the 3 ft snowy glistening twinkling tree for my bedroom...it's only the second year and a large strand of the lights don't  work!!! 😣😡 I shouldve bought the Martha Stewart 5 ft tree ....would have paid a little more, BUT Martha cares about QUALITY!!! 

@Spurt  Thanks for posting about the nativity, good to know.  Mine will be arriving sometime this week, looking forward to it.  The bottom half  lights on my 5' downswept tree just went out.  I didn't want to throw out the tree as I have the other 2 different sizes, I bought (2) 20 light strands from Amazon and a favorite power strip at Home Depot and the tree looks great again.  The power strip is attached to a smart plug and works just fine.    

@rockygems123  @Nataliesgramma 

Let me know how y'all like your Nativity--- I love mine....I have mine on an end table and am enjoying it as I type.... Even my sister remarked how much she loved the Nativity....ENJOY!

When you display something on air that's crooked doesnt speak well of the quality...

I can understand manufacturing problems due to the pandemic, but these quality issues have been going on years before this happened...and its getting worse....

Yep ROCKYGEMS---Its ridiculous that we have to come up with our DYI remedies and have to add to the cost by buying an additional set of lights so we can enjoy our respective trees....for the price we paid it shouldn't happen...Maybe I should have just bought that little tree that I saw at Walgreens, much cheaper and probably would have lasted longer....Woman Frustrated SMH  I just wanted a small tree for my bedroom.... At least my Martha Stewart 7.5 tree I bought from Home Depot years ago is still going strong in my living room---YAY MARTHA!

@Spurt  I received Valerie's nativity and LOVE it!  It really is well made and finely detailed.  Mine is on my front table and will add more Christmas decorations soon. 

nx2.jpg  

Respected Contributor

I also cancelled on a Valerie item that I really wanted but I am just not willing to continue to wait and wait. Very frustrating. Smiley Sad