Honored Contributor

GOOD FRIDAY WISHES TO ALL WHO OBSERVE

depositphotos_73119835-stock-photo-negev-desert.jpg

Best wishes for peace on this day of solemn reflection for those who observe.

Respected Contributor

Re: GOOD FRIDAY WISHES TO ALL WHO OBSERVE

And to you, @Oznell .

Esteemed Contributor

And to you too @Oznell . Just spoke to friends in the Caribbean and as usual today is a holiday. They just got back from Church and everyone has a long weekend because Monday (Easter Monday) is another holiday.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you and same to you @Oznell  and all who observe also. 🙏

Valued Contributor

Thank you, @Oznell, we'll be attending the service tonight. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

To you, as well @Oznell , and to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell - We had a Holy Thursday service last night, both outside and online.

Today I did as I always do. As long as I can remember, my mom always said the sky will get darker at noon on Good Friday. A lot of years we would be traveling, mostly to my grandmother's or my aunt and uncle's. We would always notice. I have always stopped, sometimes in other countries. 

Today it is a sunny day here, but I took notice of the sky at noon, which clouded over, and remembered. Some may say I'm imagining it, but I know what I believe. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell. Thank you, and to you as well.

Respected Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

Today I did as I always do. As long as I can remember, my mom always said the sky will get darker at noon on Good Friday. A lot of years we would be traveling, mostly to my grandmother's or my aunt and uncle's. We would always notice. I have always stopped, sometimes in other countries. 

Today it is a sunny day here, but I took notice of the sky at noon, which clouded over, and remembered. Some may say I'm imagining it, but I know what I believe. 

@beach-mom My mom told us the same thing.  I always look, too.

Esteemed Contributor

@beach-mom wrote:

@beach-mom  no you are not. I spent my in between years in the Caribbean and I heard the same thing. Every Good Friday at 12 in the afternoon after Church Service everything was so different.  Don't remember exactly what it was about because I was around 10.  But it's as if everything was so different. It seemed as if the clouds would pass over the sun and I never understood it then. I never thought of it until you mentioned it. We only ate certain things on that day and later we would fly our kites and  everything was so peaceful.  A lot of my friends still observe the traditions there and sometimes I wish I was still there.