Respected Contributor

Fun Halloween show on HSN right now

Just happened to flip over to HSN. They have a cute Halloween show going on right now. I soooo miss the shows that QVC used to do years ago. They were so much fun with Steve Bryant hosting. Those were the days!

In contrast, yet again, QVC is presenting shoes. The particular pair of Clarks shoes on air right now I've seen a zillion times before. What a bore! Oh, and I don't, and will never, buy shoes from a shopping channel.

Now, to be fair, I also clicked over to QVC2 a little while ago. They were having a nice craft show with Dan Wheeler as the host. The show is called "Make it Crafty" and I've never seen it before on that channel. I think it is definitely a wonderful breath of fresh air!

Just my two cents tonight.     

Honored Contributor

Re: Fun Halloween show on HSN right now

Wish QVC had a two hour Halloween show.  All they would need to do is limit the supply so that nearly everything sells out. And the show should air in mid-September so that people could not return their purchases after Halloween.  I thought that was a problem in the past and it contributed to them no longer doing Halloween shows.

Honored Contributor

@pupwhippedHalloween might be more fun to watch, but except for a bit of cider and pumpkin cake I'm unlikely to spend any money to celebrate Halloween. 

I don't believe I ever saw Steve B -- if he was still with QVC when I started to watch in the mid-90's I must never have seen him. The only hosts I remember at all from my early days are Kathy Levine and Pat James Dementri.  I don't remember those years being all that much fun as much as I was fascinated by the marketing of the early shopping channels and the effects of those techniques on sales.  

Valued Contributor

Thanks I'm going to put it on now. I too miss the QVC Halloween shows.
Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops, Since I was actively working in marketing (including retail), I too was fascinated by the early QVC marketing model to take the huckster out of tv shopping and make it feel like the customers were in an elegant prestigious department store without the stuffiness some of them had in those days.  

As for Halloween, I would have thought with an extra channel Q may have included one or two on this years schedule.  I saw a promo announcing QVC's return to selling craft products.  While HSN never completely relinquished their craft shows and stick in at least one full day in each quarter (with multiple shows during the holiday quarter), it's been years since Q presented a craft show.  

Honored Contributor

Enjoyed the HSN shows yesterday!  The one item I bought was the poncho! Fun show.