Respected Contributor

Re: Found A Christmas Present

[ Edited ]

I use a planner and everything I need to do is in there - tasks, appointments.   Listed by day, week or month, etc.  In this case I would have a Gift page with names, sizes and gifts planned or bought and where they are if bought in advance and stored til later.  I'm a fairly organized person and a list maker.

And I sure can't rely on my memory, it got lost somewhere and I can't find it!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Have only done that once.  My sister is a vintage Snoopy watch collector...the only watches she wears...everywhere.  Very difficult to find other than on ebay.  So, I found one in January, put it somewhere as a present for Christmas.

Couldn't find it in November, so back on ebay.  Fortunately, I found a brand new one early December, in time for Christmas, still in its packaging...very rare considering they were made around 1960. 

One and half years later, decided to clean out a few drawers.  There was the one I purchased for my sister over a year earlier.  It was inside a folded t-shirt.  Why did I put it in such an unlikely place?  Who knows.  

I decided to wear it one time, just for fun.  Couldn't believe how many compliments I got from all ages of women.  I never wear watches that small and sort of felt foolish at the time, but again, I wanted to see the reaction.  Now, I know why my sister wears them.  

Esteemed Contributor

I did it with little stocking stuffers that I picked up for my Granddaughter when I saw something that I thought she would like

Respected Contributor

I keep track in a notebook and also only 2 spots all gifts go.  I don't do so much of that after Christmas shopping like I use to.

Trust me I would forget if I didn't keep track.  

I'm a big notebook writer.  I'm always tracking stuff and some just for fun too.  I like a notebook even through I have all the gadgets to track with.  Computer, I phone, I pad

Respected Contributor

There's nothing like a little bit of Christmas in Feb.

Super Contributor

Definately not an age thing.  In my 30's my Mom always told me to tell her where I hid my good jewelry!  I guess I was always looking for things.

Currently I can't find a certain bird feeder.  I am in my 70's.

I do good with gifts as I have a bag in my OWN closet.

This year my daughter could not remember where she hid the elves.  I knew exactly where they were and told her but she didn't seem to find the time to get them out until I arrived.  The grandkids told me the elves had to take a Covid test and tested negative.  Sure enough, next morning they were out.

Esteemed Contributor

I have already picked up several items for next Christmas gifts. I put everything in one location- no exceptions.

Esteemed Contributor

@ScrapHappy It happens to the best of us!   You really need to keep a list of what you buy and maybe write down where you stash it!   I have always been an early Christmas shopper so I've done this for  many years.  I also am lucky to have my own walk in closet and that is where it all gets stashed so I don't need to have stuff all over the house.

Good luck this year, we're rooting for you Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@spent2much I keep a Word list for each Christmas season.  I have a column for the people I am buying for, a column for gift ideas and a column for things I have bought.  I like that I have a list for each year so I don't repeat gifts. 

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy   Think of it this way - it turned into a Velentine gift.