Esteemed Contributor

For those who like to decorate for holidays

I was at Hobby Lobby this morning and they were putting out decorations for Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. 

Honored Contributor

Re: For those who like to decorate for holidays

I don't decorate for valentine's day and st Patrick's day, they aren't real holidays for me. I do put up a few Easter decorations amongst my spring decorations.  However I do not let retailers influence me.  It's MUCH  too  early to even think about any of these holidays.  Most people don't take Christmas down until Jan. 6.   Although hubby did take ours down yesterday.  

Esteemed Contributor

i won't decorate until halloween!!

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

I was at Hobby Lobby this morning and they were putting out decorations for Valentines Day, St. Patrick's Day and Easter. 

@Meowingkitty    What, no Fourth of July? 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Meowingkitty wrote:

@Meowingkitty    What, no Fourth of July? 

That will be next week. 😀

Respected Contributor

I'm still enjoying the peace and beauty of Christmastide, especially with the snowfall we had here today. To everything, there is a season -- no need to rush them.

Trusted Contributor

That's great to hear!  I plan on heading over there next week to check things out.  They usually start putting out their gardening items this time of year as well, so I'm looking forward to seeing that.

I only do a touch of decorating for Valentine's Day because I have young daughters that love seeing decorations up for the various holidays.  However, I have never been into St. Patrick's Day.  I won't decorate for that holiday, but the "leprechaun" does pay our family a visit each year.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

I amtaking Christmas down this weekend, but will put out my snowmen. I leave my Alpine trees up too along with several sets of deer as my "winter decor".

I leave 'Winter" up until the end of Feb. Feb 1st I put out a few hearts here and there.

Esteemed Contributor

I am more of a seasonal decorator than specific holidays.   Though I do love Christmas!

I did start dismantling yesterday though, as much as it kind of makes me sad.  The house looks so bare without the tree up!  I plan on a good housecleaning this week and it's good to have things put away I guess.  I do keep out my snowmen and winter decor then I will switch over to spring later Smiley Happy      

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Meowingkitty it's always nice to know where to find decorations for the holidays. I don't decorate for Valentine's day, but I do have a tablecloth for St. Patrick's day. I'm leaving my "winter" decorations up for a while (the Christmas tree is put away). I'll change out the decorations to be spring, rather than a specific holiday.  LOL I have collected quite a few bunnies, Easter eggs, etc. to use around the house. Change out the candles to be spring colors and voila, I'm done.