Honored Contributor

For those that asked about me when I was sick

Just thought I'd let you know I did go and get a Covid antibody test (rapid) and it detected both kinds of antibodies in my blood. 

I guess there is one antibody that appears early on in the illness, while still sick, and disappears in a few weeks, as well as a later appearing antibody that shows up a few weeks after infection and is the one that gives you a longer lasting immunity to the virus. I purposly waited for a few weeks to get the antibody test, as I'd heard the one didn't show up right away.

I have to say I was glad that since I was sick anyway for a week or longer, to just have had it and be done (hopefully) with it all. 

The miracle is that my mom didn't get it. We had really put her in a lock down from us and were taking the most strict precautions prior to my getting sick, setting up distancing ways to do most things for her, but still she lives next door and I take her groceries, water, collect up her bills and medication to pay and handle them. We just had really made it all as contactless as possible the week before I got sick, so I'm glad for that. 

Through this summer, we really knew no one personally that had been diagnosed with Covid. In the last two months, we have seen so many people we know have it, and most of the management at my husband's job has been out for a week now with a run of it. 

It's going to be a long winter many places with this, and now the news out of the UK. 

Respected Contributor

Re: For those that asked about me when I was sick

I'm glad you are recuperating and hopefully, you'll have no other issues. Take care of yourself.

Respected Contributor

Happy that you are back to feeling well. It certainly was fortunate that your Mom did not get sick and yet you were able to tend her so carefully.

Stay well and enjoy the holiday.

Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are feeling better & also glad that your Mom didn’t catch it ..... stay well & Merry Christmas 🎅🏻🎄🤶🎄

Honored Contributor

Gosh, I didn't know you were sick, and so glad you have recovered and have the protective antibodies, @Mominohio !   And what a blessing that your Mom did not get it.  We also have more people we know getting it (and fortunately, so far, recovering) now.  Stay well!  

Esteemed Contributor

I didn’t know you were ill, and am thankful you are doing so well.  And yes, what a blessing your Mom was not ill.

Please don’t overdo and take care of yourself.

Wishing you and your family Christmas blessings.  I know it will be a different holiday for all of us, but we have next year to look forward to.  All my best, Pam

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio  Glad you are well. My daughter, sister in law and father in law all had it and have all recovered.

Trusted Contributor

Did you ask your primary care dr. for an anti-body test?  I had covid and was hospitalized for three days.  I'm interested in finding out if it have the anti-bodies.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio   Glad you are doing better...

I came across a sugar cookie recipe you posted (not sure when it was posted, possibly last year).  I love sugar cookies and made two varieties this year.  I am going to try your recipe later this winter...there is NO room in my freezer or fridge to store anything else.

Honored Contributor

I didn't realize you were sick.  Glad you are better.  Have you considered donating convalescent plasma since you have the antibodies?